Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   H3 Bashed by CONSUMER REPORTS (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/h3-bashed-consumer-reports-10401/)

machines 03-02-2008 06:38 AM

H3 Bashed by CONSUMER REPORTS

Can't believe we are ranked #2 worst SUV.

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2008/...ars/index.html

n0m4d 03-02-2008 07:20 AM

RE: H3 Bashed by CONSUMER REPORTS

In your FACE Jeep! Generally, if it is not a Camry, Consumer Reports does not want tohave anything to do with it.

CWS 03-02-2008 07:28 AM

S...N...O...R...Eeee.......!

Cliff

bonzaiii 03-02-2008 07:47 AM

To not include the off raod capabilities of an off road vehicle in the report or score shows just what a joke that report is!!!

Leicajh 03-02-2008 08:18 AM

haha. and the FJ Pacer

alphadogg 03-02-2008 10:37 AM

Fortunately the world does not revolve around only what Consumer Reports says! Besides they only have good things to say about stuff that the Japs make.[sm=bs.gif]

n0m4d 03-02-2008 11:00 AM

Is every single Jeep except for the Grand Cherokee on this list?

rhill20 03-02-2008 11:18 AM

See, Jeeps are #1!:D:D[8D]

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/im/jk.gif

3hummers 03-02-2008 12:53 PM

It is really curious how they come up with these scores. I have driven 4x4 vehicles my entire life and I can honestly say the H2 and H3 are the mosted refined, best, riding, handling, appointed off road vehicles I have ever had. I guess if you are comparing to a 600 Series Mercedes the ride might be lacking a little but in class what is better?

HUMMER DRIVER 03-02-2008 01:41 PM

Apparently they're a bunch of LIBERALS @ CR. That would explain a lot...

Sheriff 03-02-2008 02:14 PM

I worked for several years as a product developer for a company that made consumer products. Consumer Reports' results never followed our industry (real-world)testing results. The primary reason for this was thatCR developed their own testing standards for evaluating products. These tests typically never correlated with actual usage.

I view CR as the "National Enquirer" of product evaluation sources. Just good for a laugh every once in a while as I stand in the grocery check-out line!!

josh1899 03-02-2008 09:23 PM

I have never liked CR. I swear they would test a Ferrari F430 and talk about how noisy or rough riding it was. Or better yet, that it had no luggage space. They would rate a damn Honda Prelude as a better sports car than a Viper because of "fuel mileage." I understand their logic in testing mainstream products like Camry/Accord/minivans etc. I believe those same testing parameters should not be used on "niche" vehicles marketed to select individuals who actually enjoy to drive. Their ratings are VERY biased towards one side of the scale. The most emotion you'll get out of a CR test is "strong acceleration".....................oooooooooooh the passion for driving they must have. They see vehicles as appliances and not individual expressions of ones personality and tastes.

Ok, off my soapbox now.........:)

JeepeaterH3 03-02-2008 09:45 PM

im glad they are bashing it..

the fewer h3's i see on the road, the happer i feel about mine! lol

dont want these things to end up like honda civics! lmao

xzachx2112 03-02-2008 09:54 PM

The 2 funniest things to me are that that they clearly never offroaded it but assumed it was good offroad and that they coplained about the weight of a swinging tailgait!

RyanCodyH3 03-03-2008 01:51 AM

Give them a tree and attatch a "Hug Me" sign to it...

Trey124 03-03-2008 11:51 AM

Who cares what they say, if your going to buy one you should test drive it. That's how you choose a vehicle not by what someone else likes or dislikes.

dmb7280 03-03-2008 01:44 PM

ORIGINAL: RyanCodyH3

Give them a tree and attatch a "Hug Me" sign to it...
[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Evadd 03-03-2008 04:48 PM

they named the Hyundai Santa Fe as the #1 mid-sized SUV. one needs to only see that to laugh at the rest of their rankings.

sattv 03-03-2008 07:14 PM

Bunch of FAGS

sarge_taz_rock 03-04-2008 03:54 AM

CR is a bunch of old men and ladies rating stuff that they will never be able to own let alone drive....It's like movie critics "F" them too. Draw your own opinion from the facts not hear say or gossip.

SculptorMJM 03-04-2008 10:02 PM

I can't help but laugh everytime I see the critics say the tailgate is too heavy. Ok, so no Pu$$ys are allowed to own a hummer.

rhill20 03-04-2008 10:13 PM

JUST left the gas station and some 18-20 yr old asked me if I knew that if I hit something with the front of my H3 it would shatter! I just looked at him said No it won't. He asked me if I had hit anything with it, I told him no, but I know some guys that have and that Consumer Reports are full of ****! I'm also still in uniform. Should have seen the look that he gave me before he jumped in his car and left. :D

H34me 03-04-2008 10:39 PM

ORIGINAL: rhill20

JUST left the gas station and some 18-20 yr old asked me if I knew that if I hit something with the front of my H3 it would shatter! I just looked at him said No it won't. He asked me if I had hit anything with it, I told him no, but I know some guys that have and that Consumer Reports are full of ****! I'm also still in uniform. Should have seen the look that he gave me before he jumped in his car and left. :D
LOL nice work. Doubt anyone ever spoke so directly to the little know-it-all before. :D

H34me

J9SH3 03-08-2008 09:37 AM

ORIGINAL: rhill20

What was HE driving? Shoulda told him to move his car in front of yours and test it! DRIVE RIGHT OVER THE SUCKER! Why can't people mind their own business? It's funny how idiotic people can be.

[IMG]local://upfiles/4093/97A5008B505746DB93087DA204D9AB9D.jpg[/IMG]

rhill20 03-08-2008 12:39 PM

I think he was in an Olds Cutlass or something like that. Will remember that next time, just kind of ticked me off. Not that I think I'm more than I am, but when I was younger I never would have dreamed of talking to someone older than me like that, let alone someone in a uniform. He looked to be around 20-21.

TheGunnyRet 03-08-2008 02:34 PM

Its a conspiracy to continue bashing the Hummer Brand and any other Brand that's fun to drive, loud exhaust, utilitarian and doesn't have four doors and is egg shaped as wellas adedicated following once they experiance it. It's Communist Consumerism.

08H3 03-11-2008 11:10 PM

I've grown to the point that a bad rating by CR is generally an endorsement for the product in my book. They lost me back in the early 90's when they gave the GM U-vans (Lumina APV, Silhouette, and Trans-Sport) a below average rating for body rust through. At that point they body panels were completely composite materials. Rust through? Come on...that one article proved to me that they were so anti-Big 3 that no rating they ever made would be unbiased. Still, I like to read the "Reader's Sightings" section on the back cover. That;s always a hoot!

3hummers 03-11-2008 11:27 PM

When I was growing up we were all pretty proud of our rides no matter waht they were. Someone bagging on your car was likely to get them a black eye.