Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   H2 Roof Marker Lights NIB (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/h2-roof-marker-lights-nib-26350/)

kauaineb 12-19-2011 07:13 AM

H2 Roof Marker Lights NIB

1 Attachment(s)
I have a set of H2 roof marker lights, front and back for sale. Asking $250 plus shipping. Email with more questions if interested. Can pay using PayPal. Thanks and happy holidays!

DanH3 01-04-2012 12:43 PM

I can't seem to find your email address so hopefully you will see my post. Do you still have these lights? Are they just the lights or is all the required mounting hardware there too? Do you know if these will install on a h3?

Thanks

LoJac963 01-04-2012 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by DanH3 (Post 268315)
I can't seem to find your email address so hopefully you will see my post. Do you still have these lights? Are they just the lights or is all the required mounting hardware there too? Do you know if these will install on a h3?

Thanks

They are factory H2 roof marker lights so they will not work on an H3 without major modifications and wiring.

DanH3 01-04-2012 09:18 PM

I understand these lights wouldn't be a quick install. I plan on installing aftermarket marker lights on the front and back of my H3. I was looking at Blazer or Peterson brand lights. But if these lights come with all the hardware needed (light, bezel, lead, etc) then I'm wondering what the difference would be between the H2 lights and the aftermarket lights. Because really, if I had a choice, I would love to get a set of actual H2 lights on my rig.

Dan

LoJac963 01-04-2012 11:38 PM

not trying to hijack this FS thread but to answer your question the way the H2 lights mount to the actual body is where you're going to have issues. The corners mount differently (tab and screw) than the middle 3 lights twist into the sheetmetal I believe. I wouldn't be as simple as just putting some aftermarket flat base lenses/bulbs up there.

Clear as mud?? ;)

DanH3 01-05-2012 08:19 AM

Not mud, more of a murky water. :) But that is definately what I wanted to know. It sounds like aftermarket lights are the way to go. It's just unfortunate that they carry anything that matches the front and rear side lights of a H2. Thanks a bunch for the info Lojac963!

kauaineb 01-05-2012 08:53 AM

I actually have seen the H2 lights on an H3 before and what they used was a thick grommet or rubber spacer that contoured to the base of the lights, preventing water from getting in. Any excess of the grommet that was 'squeezed' out of the base, was simply cut off. Im not saying its easy, but it can be done. Just let me know if youre still interested, just shoot me an email and we'll go from there. Thanx