Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   H2 Baja Light Bar (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/h2-baja-light-bar-23625/)

JDTDBD 04-03-2011 06:55 PM

H2 Baja Light Bar

4 Attachment(s)
I saw some pics of these online for various vehicles so today I decided to make one myself. Everything I used was purchased from Lowes and cost about $70 with military discount. take a look....
Attachment 16256
Attachment 16257
Attachment 16258
Attachment 16259
I made a quick sketch, took a few measurements, bought what I needed and went to work. I used the OEM roof rack for now til I figure out a bracket system. It is currently setting and should be good to get Rhino Lined in an hour, then I can install it. It will sit angled foward and I also have some light mount things I also got from Lowes that are for something entirely different, hanging conduit or something. It is hard to picture but when it's done you will like it, I promise. If it is successful i will post a DIY so everyone else can make them if they want. Until I can afford or find a used Gobi for a decent price, this will have to do.
More pics coming soon.

JDTDBD 04-03-2011 07:32 PM

3 Attachment(s)
more pics of it test fit. going to remove tape obviously and solder it for a strong hold. I have light tabs and some more brackets to hold it in place. Plus I have to Rhino Line it.
Attachment 16253
Attachment 16254
Attachment 16255
The lights will be vertical and not tilted foward like the bar.

JDTDBD 04-03-2011 07:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
should sort of look like this when done.
Attachment 16252

JDTDBD 04-05-2011 08:24 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Attachment 16249
Attachment 16250
Attachment 16251

TAINTER 04-05-2011 09:25 PM

I like the idea and get the design!:D

But, copper pipe is not going to hold up to the elements, is not strong enough to hold lights of that size and will dent VERY easily! Now that you have the design and size you want measure everything and make it out of steel. ;)

JDTDBD 04-06-2011 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by TAINTER (Post 247651)
I like the idea and get the design!:D

But, copper pipe is not going to hold up to the elements, is not strong enough to hold lights of that size and will dent VERY easily! Now that you have the design and size you want measure everything and make it out of steel. ;)

I was thinking about that. I want to drop it off at weld shop near here and have them recreate it with steel and then continue the design with a full size roofrack and spare tire mount.

TAINTER 04-06-2011 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by JDTDBD (Post 247671)
I was thinking about that. I want to drop it off at weld shop near here and have them recreate it with steel and then continue the design with a full size roofrack and spare tire mount.

That would look great! Man, to fill those openings you are going to need a 9" light!