Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   H1 rims on a H2? (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/h1-rims-h2-26704/)

Edelbroke 01-19-2012 10:35 PM

H1 rims on a H2?

2 Attachment(s)
I did a quick search on here and didn't find what im looking for.

I have a 2003 H2 and would like to put a set of H1 military take offs on.
They are the 2 piece bead lock style with run flats inside.

Currently I have 20inch aftermarket chrome rims, I guess I just want to change the look. Tires I have now are 35 inch and have lasted almost 5 years.

I found a really good deal on the H1 rims, just wondering if anybody's using them with good results.
They are: H1 2 piece bead lock rims with run flats inside.
37inch 12.5 x 16.5. (I think I can squeeze the 37's without rubbing)
My 35's only rub (just barely) the front steering stabilizer when turning too sharp.

I belive the H2 rims are hubcentric and the the H1 rims aren't.

twinmill28 01-20-2012 09:07 AM

I've seen several occasions where people run the H2 wheels on a 1, and they have to bore out the center of the wheel to make it work.
As for H1 wheels, I haven't seen that, but have thought about it. Somehow I think that hubcentric junk comes into play and you're not supposed to do it that way, something about wheels falling off while driving, not sure.
While the H2 could handle the added weight, I wouldn't want to add that much weight on each corner. I'd ditch the run flats if possible---those suckers weigh alot.
Curious to see how this pans out...

Edelbroke 12-06-2012 08:42 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Update. They fit. But I had to use bolt on 1.5" adapters. I like the look, couldnt beat the price for 4 rims and tires... Good winter wheels!

nlhummer 12-06-2012 10:31 PM

I noticed what regular 37 inch tires do with your front suspension.
I can not imagine what these tires that are quite a bit heavier do to the truck.
I went back to 35 inch and I am happy I did

Edelbroke 12-23-2012 05:34 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Been on the truck with no problems for months... I like them so much I bought a few more sets. The first set I bought was Goodyear Wrangler OZ military tires on 12 bolt bead lock wheels. But I took them off and I'm currently running 37x12.5.16.5 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R with the puncture resistant kevlar reinforced sidewall. I like the tread pattern and sidewall design better on these. I also have a set of 37x12.5x16.5 BF Goodrich Baha TA on 24 bolt beadlocks. But it will probably be 4 or 5 years before I wear out the Goodyears. (I had almost 60k miles on the last set :D)

37 inch H1 take off's fit on a H2 with no clearance issues. I'm suprised this hasn't caught on yet.

Caraddict 12-25-2012 08:17 AM

That looks sweet!:cool:

Man1nboat 12-25-2012 10:42 AM

@Edelbroke.... Did you paint your wheels or have them powder coated?I am looking to do that with mine... Thanks!

Richard

Edelbroke 12-26-2012 06:31 AM

The 24 bolt set I have on now is just how they came. It looks like all the bolts in the rim are zinc coated so they shouldnt rust. The first set I had on were 12 bolt beadlocks, it was a miss matched set when I got the rims, some were camo, black and one was a sand color so I painted everything black. I like that look too.

Bigger tires means less mpg! I'm getting a steady 10mpg! So with over 200,000 miles on the stock 6.0L and 10 mpg the only solution I see is to find a wrecked Duramax truck for a motor swap. But then I will still only have air bags for rear suspension, so maybe swap the H2 body onto a Duramax pick up chassis? Decisions decisions...

Andreas_Sweden 12-26-2012 10:14 AM

That looks good, when I first read the subject I thoughtit woul look weird but I was wrong :)