Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   H1 bought and key listo PROBLEMS!! (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/h1-bought-key-listo-problems-37533/)

Alesline 11-15-2016 02:40 PM

H1 bought and key listo PROBLEMS!!

I've just bought a H1 and I just got a key that has been lost.

I live in Spain where there's no Hummer official dealer.

I've been able to get a plain key and I'm trying to get a duplicate by using the door lock.

Does anybody know if that will work or it is necessary some kind of code for the key?

The car is a Hummer 6.5 turbo Diesel pick up built in 1997.

Please I need help!!! The car has been stopped for one month!

HUMTECH 11-15-2016 06:16 PM

The door lock cylinders on most vehicles only use the first 3 cuts on the key so using that as a base will likely give you an incomplete key cut. You should find a locksmith that can cut one to the ign cylinder or recode the cylinders to a new key cut.

HUMTECH 11-15-2016 06:20 PM

You may want to try contacting AM General and see if they can provide a key code by the vin number

Alesline 11-15-2016 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by HUMTECH (Post 340239)
The door lock cylinders on most vehicles only use the first 3 cuts on the key so using that as a base will likely give you an incomplete key cut. You should find a locksmith that can cut one to the ign cylinder or recode the cylinders to a new key cut.

I don t understand What I have to do.

I thingh i need another key and i don t know, where can I find this kind of key.

I think, I have a big problem.

Do you think if i contact AM General and I give them the VIN number, they can get it for me???

Alesline 11-15-2016 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by HUMTECH (Post 340240)
You may want to try contacting AM General and see if they can provide a key code by the vin number

Are you sure that the key of a Hummer H1 1997 have a code??

My locksmith says that it dosnt have it.......

Alesline 11-15-2016 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Alesline (Post 340242)
Are you sure that the key of a Hummer H1 1997 have a code??

My locksmith says that it dosnt have it.......

This is the vin number of my car:

137ZA8337VE175500

Please, help!!!!!!!!!!!

Paranormal 11-16-2016 06:36 PM

Try contacting Dave @ Hummer Parts Guy. He has a new cylinder with keys for $30.
Hummer Parts Guy | HUMMER H1 5746883

Ian Ward 11-16-2016 07:05 PM

New cylinders only work once you have the old one out and you need the key to remove the cylinder. You can break out the lock cylinder but about 3 out of 10 times you will break the steering column. I would break out the old one and hope you get luckey. Try hamering a screw driver or a chisel in the key hole and turn it to the correct position ( its either run or accesory - i cant remember.) To remove the cylinder. It is a ford steering column - btw.

Alesline 11-17-2016 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by paranormal (Post 340275)
try contacting dave @ hummer parts guy. He has a new cylinder with keys for $30.
hummer parts guy | hummer h1 5746883

:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigDogOffroad 11-29-2016 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by HUMTECH (Post 340240)

This is not a thing. I asked a friend there years ago for a copy of all the keys and he said they actually didn't have the codes and they were never recorded by vin.

If you don't have a key you can replace the ignition and door locks which come with keys. Removing the ignition in one piece without the key present isn't going to happen (you use a chisel and a hammer).