Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   First H2 being sold (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/first-h2-being-sold-47518/)

clsimmon 11-11-2023 09:02 AM

First H2 being sold

Just saw this on another forum... bid is placed! :) https://firsthummerh2.com/

finall 11-11-2023 05:02 PM

Read between the lines.

A lot rougher in the photos than the description reads. Dirty/scuffed inside given low mileage. THAT is the reason the guy already replaced some interior parts. Not a 10/10 interior. Maybe 7/10.

Has aftermarket stuff wired in, so not in factory original shape. 7/10

Been abused thru its life as a test parts vehicle, then commercial use vehicle. 2/10

Nothing great about this EX.

Plus, r u sure an EX fits ALL production parts?
Buy at your own risk.

clsimmon 11-11-2023 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by finall (Post 404874)
Read between the lines.

A lot rougher in the photos than the description reads. Dirty/scuffed inside given low mileage. THAT is the reason the guy already replaced some interior parts. Not a 10/10 interior. Maybe 7/10.

Has aftermarket stuff wired in, so not in factory original shape. 7/10

Been abused thru its life as a test parts vehicle, then commercial use vehicle. 2/10

Nothing great about this EX.

Plus, r u sure an EX fits ALL production parts?
Buy at your own risk.

Interesting, I'm not seeing what you're seeing. Still very cool to own the very first one built. Probably mostly all hand built. My bid got rejected. No telling what it's currently at.

finall 11-11-2023 11:25 PM

I am looking at this with a more critical eye than most. Having had H2s continuously for the last 17 years.

Especially when someone claims the interior is 10/10. Look at the night vision monstrosity on the dash. Look at the breadcrumbs in the center console lid. Look at the dirt smudges on the doors and seats. The guy could not even clean it up properly before taking photos.

And he told you the history of this being a parts fit test car, and then used for commercial purposes. Bet there are extra holes where there should not be. And you can be pretty sure nobody cared much about maintenance when it was used as a mule and commercial vehicle.

Be glad your bid got rejected. Seriously.
It will likely go for $30+K, based on the story the guy is giving out.
The reality, is that this is an EX and unless you are a collector who will not drive it, this is a vehicle that spells nothing but headaches.
How do I know that? Just look at all the stuff that was already replaced, even with its low miles.

More importantly, look at all the things that have NOT been replaced.
The tires will be rotten if older than a decade, hoses and belts will need replacing if not already done (does not say they were done), all fluids, and all the stuff he did not do.
This vehicle is OLD. It is 21 years old now. In some placed, a few years away from being allowed antique/collector plates on it.

Buy yourself a nice 07-09, and you will still have a mountain of thing to deal with. Just a smaller mountain :)

Now there is one thing that I either missed, or that was not explained. What is the deal with the rear bumper? Stuff is missing.

Gavin Costigan 11-12-2023 01:15 AM

imo its cool and all to have the first one, but you also get the one with all the problems lol. I got one of the last and its got enough problems. No thanks.

Mark R 11-14-2023 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Gavin Costigan (Post 404884)
imo its cool and all to have the first one, but you also get the one with all the problems lol. I got one of the last and its got enough problems. No thanks.

I think I got the Last Fully loaded Black H2..It came out of Pompano Beach Florida. I had to call GM to find a Fully Loaded one in Black with the optional Chrome wheels. They said Here's the VIN it's in Fla. It had been in side in the dealer back area as this was a Caddy and Hummer dealership. When HUMMER went Belly up they stuck it in the back as they couldn't sell it and stuck more caddy's in the showroom. It was sitting for 9 months. The guy that ordered it in got fired for ordering a fully loaded H2.

Now I have all the problems you all had...LMAO...:D

clsimmon 11-14-2023 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mark R (Post 404944)
I think I got the Last Fully loaded Black H2..It came out of Pompano Beach Florida. I had to call GM to find a Fully Loaded one in Black with the optional Chrome wheels. They said Here's the VIN it's in Fla. It had been in side in the dealer back area as this was a Caddy and Hummer dealership. When HUMMER went Belly up they stuck it in the back as they couldn't sell it and stuck more caddy's in the showroom. It was sitting for 9 months. The guy that ordered it in got fired for ordering a fully loaded H2.

Now I have all the problems you all had...LMAO...:D

Great story. Definitely sounds like a keeper! I'm still in search of someone lucky enough to get an '09 in Black Chrome. I have yet to see one.

Mark R 11-15-2023 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by clsimmon (Post 404950)
Great story. Definitely sounds like a keeper! I'm still in search of someone lucky enough to get an '09 in Black Chrome. I have yet to see one.

Never heard of that outside color...Is it for real?

hummerz 11-15-2023 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Mark R (Post 404985)
Never heard of that outside color...Is it for real?

2009 Hummer H2 Black Chrome Limited Edition

Mark R 11-15-2023 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by hummerz (Post 404988)

Cool... Never even knew about that edition. Never saw one. How many were produced?