Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Fan Control?? (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/fan-control-7771/)

Wrongway1 10-19-2007 08:11 PM

Fan Control??

Is there any way to completely turn off the fan for the AC/vent/heater?? In my H3, even if you rotate the knob to the "O" setting, air still comes out of the vents.

Ken06H3 10-19-2007 08:40 PM

RE: Fan Control??

I thinkthis was posted before, if youplace place the fan off and the Climate Control (center control knob) to recirculation, that should stop the air flow.

IHNEVELS 10-19-2007 09:16 PM

I know that H3 has a control set up like my chevy truck and as long as the control is set on anything but defrost setting you can set to recirculate and it will stop blowing thru.

RealJeep 10-19-2007 10:41 PM

That's odd...Mine turns off 2007 H3. Also the lights in the center of the knob are off.

TexH3 10-20-2007 07:33 AM

Correct, Realjeep. The fan is off, but outside vent air continues to flow if you are moving, although at a low level. I noticed the same thing on mine. When I turn it to "recirculate," the outside vent air is shut off.

Wrongway1 10-20-2007 09:44 AM

Thanks!! Oh dopey me......Never thought about adjustingany of the other knobs.[&o]

fable123 11-08-2007 04:49 PM

I had the same problem (on top of my laundry list of others) with my AC control on my '06 H3. Air would blow on "O", even when at a standstill. Dealership fixed it 4 times & it still didn't work right. Turns out I qualified for a lemon & traded it out for a new '08 H3x. Hope I have better luck with this one. Anyone out there also experience major problems with their '06H3? Here's my list:

Crack Cylinder Head
Cracked Oil Pan
Defective Gas Tank Air Vent
Broken Seat Warmers
Faulty Stability Control Sensor
Malfunctioning AC Control System

Voodoo 11-08-2007 11:35 PM

Damn........ Must have been a bad day on the production line.

fable123 11-09-2007 11:09 AM

You're telling me. Must have been a Friday!

Doc Olds 11-09-2007 01:04 PM

ORIGINAL: fable123

I had the same problem (on top of my laundry list of others) with my AC control on my '06 H3. Air would blow on "O", even when at a standstill. Dealership fixed it 4 times & it still didn't work right. Turns out I qualified for a lemon & traded it out for a new '08 H3x. Hope I have better luck with this one. Anyone out there also experience major problems with their '06H3? Here's my list:

Crack Cylinder Head
Cracked Oil Pan
Defective Gas Tank Air Vent
Broken Seat Warmers
Faulty Stability Control Sensor
Malfunctioning AC Control System

Did you have leather seats? I'm thinking yes???