Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   EBAY Hummer H2 scam almost got me (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/ebay-hummer-h2-scam-almost-got-me-11051/)

geeggee 03-28-2008 12:40 PM

EBAY Hummer H2 scam almost got me

Here's an email on a 2006 H2 for $13,500:[/align]
[/align]Mileage: 13,000
Exterior Color: White
Interior Color: Black
Body Style: Trucks
Doors: Four Door
Engine: 8 Cylinder
Transmission: Automatic
Drive Type: 4 wheel drive

[/align]
[/align][b]

[/align]Sent: 3/28/2008 5:26:41 AM [/align]Subject: Re: $13,500 buy it now[/align]
[/align]Hello there,
Thank you for your interest in my 2006 Hummer H2 TRUCK. I want you to know that I closed my auction earlier because someone offered me the buy it now price, but didn't have all the money available, I cannot accept financing. The price I want to obtain for the car is $13,500 US (this price includes shipping and insurance charges).
The car is like new, completely working, perfect running condition,with no
hidden damages or accidents,it has always been garage kept, low miles, non-smoker no flood or storms. It is a US model with US specs and passed the US test emissions. It will be as if purchased locally.The car is insured in case of damage and you will receive it to your address in 5 working days . It will come with all the necessary papers (clear title, bill of sale, warranty documents, user's manual,insurance etc). The title is clear and you will be able to register the car in your state without any problems.
I am requesting a $4,000 refundable deposit at the beginning of the shipping and the balance to be paid after delivery and inspection. If you are
not 100% content with the car you will be able to ship it back on my expense to get your deposit back. I am sure this will not happen, because it is a state of the art vehicle and you will have no reasons not to be content with it.
We will use eBay Motors as third party. First you will pay the down payment to eBay and you will send the receipt proving your payment to eBay. Please note that eBay will hold your deposit of $4,000 until you will confirm that you received the car and you transferred the title into your name.
If you agree with these terms, please send me your full name, home and shipping address, eBay ID so I can register the transaction with eBay asap.

...waiting for your fast answer, Donna Scoggins.

[/align][/align][/align][/align]
[b]

[/align]
Sent: 3/28/2008 8:54:47 AM [/align]Subject: Re: $13,500 buy it now[/align]
[/align]Hello,

First of all please let me tell that I will make this transaction only under eBay Motors protection program because is more safe for us.
If you really want to buy the car please send me your full name and address, also ebay ID to start this deal.
I will forward your details to eBay and they will contact you with all the instructions and details to begin the transaction together.
Right now the auction has ended because I received a lot of offers and questions and now I need to select my buyer. If you need the specs or photos donââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t hesitate to ask. [/align]

Please just let me know ASAP

All my best
[/align]
[/align][/align][/align][/align]So then I get this official looking email suppossedly from Ebay Motors:[/align][/align][/align][quote]
[font=arial][size=2]The Vehicle Purchase Protection program protects your vehicle purchase
against fraud and material misrepresentation. This program is provided
by eBay Motors for FREE on this transaction. There's no sign-up,
opt-in, or registration necessary. Your vehicle purchase is protected
for up to $20,000 or the vehicle purchase price, whichever is lower.

We have verified the details of the se

importkiller 03-28-2008 12:47 PM

RE: EBAY Hummer H2 scam almost got me

wow..that sucks....at least it Wasn't Bob's hummer this time

HummerGuy 03-28-2008 01:14 PM

Good job catching it.

HummBob's H2 has been on sale on eBay at least 5 times in the past year.

Muddydawg75 03-28-2008 02:42 PM

Bob's has been on there 5 times because nobody wants it....

importkiller 03-28-2008 02:44 PM

ooooo...burn[sm=badbadbad.gif]

HummerGuy 03-28-2008 02:44 PM

[sm=bustedsign.gif]

HumminNBoatin 03-28-2008 02:45 PM

Damn good thing you caught it. I am actually shocked.

geeggee 03-28-2008 03:36 PM

Strange...Donna who's selling it is suppossed to be in Ohio...so why is her phone number in Marathon...Upper FloridaKeys? Her voice was very deep and eastern European in origin...turns out the man told me he's her husband and she was not around. Sure!

Here's her email: doscoggins@aol.com In case you want to make her an offer.

It's been reported it FBI's IC3 program

3hummers 03-28-2008 03:45 PM

If the message isn't on your Ebay account message board it isn't from Ebay.

HummBob 03-28-2008 03:55 PM

2 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: Muddydawg75

Bob's has been on there 5 times because nobody wants it....
Attachment 19792 Attachment 19793