Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Dura Tracs are too good in the snow... (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/dura-tracs-too-good-snow-29972/)

scuba namena 01-25-2013 08:39 AM

Dura Tracs are too good in the snow...

Upstate NY here. Lots of snow lately. Cruzin to work yesterday through tons of snow like it was nothing. Then i got a look from a trooper. i could see it in his eyes..."i know you have a Hummer but slow down". These tires are too good.

Dura Trac 305s

scuba namena 01-25-2013 09:04 AM

He was in a Tahoe and kinda smiling at me...I'm not trying to give our Hummers a bad rap.

skeptic 01-25-2013 09:24 AM

Plenty of ice and snow around here lately. For the couple times I've been driving on essentially a sheet of ice I'd have rather have had studded tires of any kind, but the Duratracs have been great. However, my wife's Subaru Legacy with Blizzaks is even better - until the snow starts to get too deep. I don't mind the snow or slush much, but when wet roads freeze or we get freezing rain like yesterday and the roads turn to solid wet ice, that sucks.

I'm over this winter crap, spring can't come soon enough.

scuba namena 01-25-2013 10:12 AM

All my Subaru buddies always say their cars perform better than my truck. Two different driving styles though. They like to "drift" and play in the snow. I just plow through to get where im going.

Xlr8n 01-25-2013 10:28 AM

Regardless of the tires, the H3 is too good in the snow. I can't have any fun cuttin' cookies in the parking lot anymore. I miss my Rubicon when I could click on the rear locker in 2wd and send rooster tails flyin'!! lol

skeptic 01-25-2013 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Xlr8n (Post 291980)
Regardless of the tires, the H3 is too good in the snow. I can't have any fun cuttin' cookies in the parking lot anymore. I miss my Rubicon when I could click on the rear locker in 2wd and send rooster tails flyin'!! lol

Didn't think of it from that perspective, but I hear you. Whenever I pull out of my driveway in icy/snowy weather I always like to check the roads by giving it some extra gas, then try to stop hard/short at the stop sign. A few times I've tried to do a bit of controlled sideways sliding, but traction control/stabilitrac (probably just tc) kicks in. I suppose I could disable TC, but I don't want to go sliding around in my neighborhood and I just want to test the roads to see how slick they really are.

Completely off topic - yesterday some guy drove by in a 280z (could have been a 240z/260z, I'm not an expert). Slipping, sliding, fishtailing.. Having fun I'm sure, but I wouldn't subject a classic Z to that.

Hunner 01-25-2013 01:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)
TC off will do it!
Attachment 13052
In fact if you really try it will allow a 180!
Attachment 13053

Nmocean 01-26-2013 04:19 PM

We had snow here yesterday and people were stuck all over the place and I went over into the right truck lane since everybody was stopped in the outer two lanes and the police just threw up his arms in disgust as I went by in my H3. I have Yokohama's GEO Landers on mine and it is unreal in this stuff

lex 02-03-2013 07:27 PM

I have to agree my duratrax are incredible.

1sBtrThnN0ne 02-05-2013 07:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I agree, regardless of tires, the H3 is a beast in the snow. But after throwing on a set of 35" Cepek Crushers, this thing is amazing.

Attachment 13013