Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Dog Problums (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/dog-problums-32926/)

Nate2106 04-11-2014 06:04 PM

Dog Problums

1 Attachment(s)
Story:
My friend decided to bring over his untrained 120lb. German Shepard. His dog was busy playing with mine but once he noticed we were leaving in the Hummer he decided to give my buddy a last goodbye hug... Through the open window, using the outside of the door as a stepping post. He left a few scratches; normally I wouldn't care, but I haven't had the H2 for even a year yet so I was a bit pissed to say the least. Luckily they aren't too deep, my finger nail just barley catches them when I run it over them.

Question:
How should I remove the scratches? Recommendations on brands or tactics would help.

Dieseldrums 04-11-2014 08:15 PM

Try some scratch remover or rubbing compound....if that doesn't work, wet sand with some fine sandpaper and buff it.
....or take it to a bodyshop and give your buddy the bill!

Throttle Fever 04-11-2014 09:22 PM

3M Scratch Removal System - 39071

Originally Posted by Nate2106 (Post 311202)
Story:
My friend decided to bring over his untrained 120lb. German Shepard. His dog was busy playing with mine but once he noticed we were leaving in the Hummer he decided to give my buddy a last goodbye hug... Through the open window, using the outside of the door as a stepping post. He left a few scratches; normally I wouldn't care, but I haven't had the H2 for even a year yet so I was a bit pissed to say the least. Luckily they aren't too deep, my finger nail just barley catches them when I run it over them.

Question:
How should I remove the scratches? Recommendations on brands or tactics would help.

I used this on mine, had a 5 foot key scratch that a Hummer admirer left for me. Pull up 3M Scratch Removal on youtube and watch. Take your time and follow instructions. I have very little patience when it comes to body work. I spent about 2 hours (5 foot scratch) and followed the directions to a T and it did a great job, can not tell were it was.

madmayo 04-11-2014 09:23 PM

That sucks. Had the same thing happen to me. I wAs pissed. Luckily it was my dd. Nothing to ruin a friendship over.

Waxing and buffing will make it disappear for a little while but it will come back.

Looks to be the clear coat (on my cell phone). You could take it to a bodyshop and wetsand it and re-apply the clear. You may get lucky.

Nate2106 04-12-2014 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by hanama605 (Post 311204)
Little dent. My solution, I decided that I did not see the dent! I was happy with my decision :-)

I actually lol'd when I read that.

Originally Posted by Throttle Fever (Post 311209)
I used this on mine, had a 5 foot key scratch that a Hummer admirer left for me. Pull up 3M Scratch Removal on youtube and watch.

That seems like it works great. I'll give it a go soon and tell you how it worked for me. As for those Hummer admirer's ;) i've run into a few of those myself, luckily none of them have actually done anything. Driving home from the dealership I was flipped off by a women in a smart car that told me "I'm ruining her air!!" :D:D

Throttle Fever 04-12-2014 12:45 PM

Yeah, I get that all the time living were I live, tree hugger capitol of the world. They drive there Subaru's and Hybrids pass me doing 80 and think they are saving the world. Had a guy pass me on the pass last year in a snow storm (in his Subaru) flips me off (why I don't know) 5 miles up the road he was in the ditch (there is a god) I pulled over and he was nice as pie, asked him why he flipped me off back down the road, said he didn't, so I just got back in my truck and left him, (did not need to make it worse for him) figured he got the point.

As for the scratch that kit has a small piece of 4000 grit sand paper, I just kept the garden hose next to me while sanding the scratch out, (keep the area wet while sanding) it will pull it out. Then follow through with the compound and polish. Did mine a couple months ago with that system, can not tell where the scratch was, my truck is white, may be a little more forgiving?

Good luck

KruBruder 04-14-2014 07:08 PM

Do some wheeling in the woods and you won't even notice those. When my German Shepherd would jump out of my Suburban (H2 is to high), he would leave scratches like that. They all buffed out. Maguire's Scratch X is a quick temp solution.