PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you need H3 parts?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2019, 11:41 AM
Default Do you need H3 parts?

I have a 2006 H3 and after the engine started knocking I got an estimate to replace it and have decided it doesn’t financial sense to do such. With that said, and after I checked into what auto salvage yards would give me (ridiculously low) I’m wondering if “parting out” the vehicle makes sense? I’ve got land to store the vehicle and everything on the vehicle (other than the engine which I believe still has usuable parts) works. Given the low availabllity of parts for Hummers, and after looking online at the price of used parts like Transmission, rear end, power heated seats, etc, I’m wanting thoughts on the approach of parting it out? Thanks!

Old 02-09-2019, 11:44 AM
Default It’s never been wrecked btw

The vehicle body is all straight and never been wrecked. I’ve owned it we bought it new..

Old 02-09-2019, 12:54 PM

I'd be iinterested in the three climate control panel if all three lights work among other things.....
What color is the interior?

Old 02-09-2019, 01:46 PM

sell one part ! as is, keep it simple or spend time and money shipping hundreds of small parts.and end up with a worthless carcass,

Last edited by happythree; 02-09-2019 at 01:49 PM.
Old 02-09-2019, 03:14 PM

Mkarns - the interior is black and 2 of the climate controls **** bulbs are indeed out. And the body is red.

Happythree - thanks for thought, but we have another H3 that we’ve already take the sport grill off of and moved to our newer H3 and the thought is, after realizing cost of long ago easily available parts is skyrocking, we’ll use the red hummer as a salvage for our black one. Also, I know I can make much more than the $1,000 weve been offered, off just the major components (tranny, rear end, seats, dash body parts etc.). With that said, I’d be willing to listen from offers from anyone who wants to buy it all in one!! 😄 I’m in the Dallas, Texas area

Old 02-09-2019, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by mkarns
I'd be iinterested in the three climate control panel if all three lights work among other things.....
What color is the interior?
the lights on the climate control ***** are easy to fix, I did it myself and I'm far from a mechanic

Old 02-09-2019, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Kkirkwood10
Mkarns - the interior is black and 2 of the climate controls **** bulbs are indeed out. And the body is red.

Happythree - thanks for thought, but we have another H3 that we’ve already take the sport grill off of and moved to our newer H3 and the thought is, after realizing cost of long ago easily available parts is skyrocking, we’ll use the red hummer as a salvage for our black one. Also, I know I can make much more than the $1,000 weve been offered, off just the major components (tranny, rear end, seats, dash body parts etc.). With that said, I’d be willing to listen from offers from anyone who wants to buy it all in one!! �� I’m in the Dallas, Texas area
$1000??? id give 2 if i could get it to michigan!!

post a pix

Old 02-09-2019, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Kkirkwood10

Happythree - thanks for thought, but we have another H3 that we’ve already take the sport grill off of and moved to our newer H3 and the thought is, after realizing cost of long ago easily available parts is skyrocking, we’ll use the red hummer as a salvage for our black one. Also, I know I can make much more than the $1,000 weve been offered, off just the major components (tranny, rear end, seats, dash body parts etc.). With that said, I’d be willing to listen from offers from anyone who wants to buy it all in one!! 😄 I’m in the Dallas, Texas area
I like to get the front seats, I'm in Houston

Old 02-09-2019, 07:32 PM

OP, I've done the same with a Ford Explorer about 8 years back. Car was 14 years old in reasonably good shape, everything worked, had 181,000 miles on it. I had the room and the time to do it and learned quite a bit in the process. I suspect you know you'll have a mountain of parts, need plenty of time, a shipping account (I used USPS priority flat-rate boxes for the smaller stuff and Fedex, if you sign up for a free Fedex account you'll get a discount on your shipments). Also a FSM helps when it comes time to disassemble some items. Purely an economic decision on my part as the car was worth about $375 in trade. I netted $2,200 when I finally took the carcass (basically the bare frame and the separated body shell minus the bolt-on fenders doors etc) to the metal recycler and got another $170 for it as scrap metal. I was retired, did it mostly for fun so I didn't consider my time was worth anything. I'd do it again. I look back on that and am amazed that parts off that vehicle went all over the country. I recall the thing that perhaps impressed me the most was the extent of the electrical system and everything connected to it was astonishing.

Old 02-11-2019, 09:10 AM
Cool Driver Side Air Bag

I'm in need of a driver side air bag. Still have it? Price?

Quick Reply: Do you need H3 parts?