Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   disconnected cable at battery + (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/disconnected-cable-battery-24289/)

joostie62 06-03-2011 02:53 PM

disconnected cable at battery +

Hi,

there is a loose connection that has been disconnected from the positive pole of my battery. It has a little ring on it to coonect to the plus terminal but it is taped off. About 15 cm furter on the cable is a fuse.
Can anyone tell me what that cable is for and what the reason could be that the previous owner disconnected it?
see photo attached

http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Foto-MYUIDAT7-D.jpg

thanks
joost

drtom 06-03-2011 03:21 PM

a guess,,,
i heard that onstar had a separate fuse,,by the batt. i never confirmed,it would kill bluetooth to if u have it. i unhooked the onstar antenna,still hard to kill.

u could hook it to batt and see what blows up!!

Doc Olds 06-03-2011 03:44 PM

Push your OnStar button and see for yourself, it feeds power to OnStar.... which IMHO is useless as tits on a frog.

joostie62 06-03-2011 05:12 PM

if i push the onstar button the lady starts talking enthusiastically.
I live in Portugal so onstar is useless to me. ( at some stage i plan to install the blue star module so i can use it for hands free bluetooth)

could it be something to do with the alarm?

rgds
joost

drtom 06-03-2011 06:14 PM

u could hook it to batt and see what blows up!!

Broken Halo 06-03-2011 07:20 PM

The fact that it's an external fuse (not in the fuse box), and tie strapped to the main battery cable, would make me think that it was an 'add on' that powered an aftermarket accessory. Possibly the original owner had a light bar, amplifier, or some other accessory that he decided to keep when he sold the truck? I guess you could always back track the wire and see if it's still connected to something, or just terminates. If it just terminates, the location where it ends may give you a clue as to what it powered. :confused:

TAINTER 06-03-2011 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Broken Halo (Post 251343)
The fact that it's an external fuse (not in the fuse box), and tie strapped to the main battery cable, would make me think that it was an 'add on' that powered an aftermarket accessory. Possibly the original owner had a light bar, amplifier, or some other accessory that he decided to keep when he sold the truck? I guess you could always back track the wire and see if it's still connected to something, or just terminates. If it just terminates, the location where it ends may give you a clue as to what it powered. :confused:

X2, that is for some kind of "aftermarket" accessory like lights, radar detector, amp, disco ball, massage chair, etc. I would follow it to where it ends and if it is NOT attached to anything I would remove it!

JCA1981 06-03-2011 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by TAINTER (Post 251346)

Originally Posted by Broken Halo (Post 251343)

X2, that is for some kind of "aftermarket" accessory like lights, radar detector, amp, disco ball, massage chair, etc. I would follow it to where it ends and if it is NOT attached to anything I would remove it!

+3. I was thinking an aftermarket alarm but the disco ball sounds so much better.:D

joostie62 06-19-2011 04:52 PM

i have connected the cable today....unfortunately no discoball or other exciting gadget, but only the aftermarket viper alarm.
i found a remote fob in the door and all works fine, nothing blew up (yet)

does anyone have some info on programming the four button remote?
it does everything except locking the doors remotely, which would be handy to have.

tx
rgds
Joost

TAINTER 06-19-2011 11:14 PM

Kool, so it was for an alarm. Wonder why they disconnected it?

You should be able to go to a Viper Alarm dealer and they will reprogram it for you or do a search for Viper Alarm fob program ans see what pops up.