Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Dimensions of grill (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/dimensions-grill-650/)

aetherH3 04-12-2006 02:11 PM

Dimensions of grill

Could somebody please measure the front grill for me? I don't have my truck with me today and really need the dimensions. Any help would be greatly appreciated with a standing ovation.

Dennis 04-12-2006 02:31 PM

RE: Dimensions of grill

ORIGINAL: aetherH3

Could somebody please measure the front grill for me? I don't have my truck with me today and really need the dimensions. Any help would be greatly appreciated with a standing ovation.
I'd be happy to help. Exactly what part, or just the whole thing top to bottom, right to left?

aetherH3 04-12-2006 02:37 PM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

the whole thing top to bottom, right to left?
Thats what i need. Trying to get a quote from Line-x and they need the dimensions. i'm in a rural area so its easier to call them than it is to stop by. thanks a bunch. I'm guessing its about 75"X9". Am I close?

Dennis 04-12-2006 02:39 PM

ORIGINAL: aetherH3

ORIGINAL: Dennis

the whole thing top to bottom, right to left?
Thats what i need. Trying to get a quote from Line-x and they need the dimensions. i'm in a rural area so its easier to call them than it is to stop by. thanks a bunch. I'm guessing its about 75"X9". Am I close?

You're real close..I measured approx..75" x 10.5"...

aetherH3 04-12-2006 02:46 PM

excellent! thank ya much!!! i'll keep ya informed on what the quote was.

aetherH3 04-12-2006 04:09 PM

about $150 [:@] Seems kinda steep. Has anyone done this themselves with Durabak or Herculiner?

Dennis 04-12-2006 04:32 PM

Dang..That does seem a little steep...There is another guy here on the forum (not a frequent poster), But he put up a pictute of his B.G. H3 with Line-x on his grille..it looked pretty good..he also had black HUMMER letters put on it too, like the big boys have..If I can remember (old age you know) or find the thread I'll replicate it here.

Hey what do ya know, I found it![sm=happy046.gif]...Damn, the old brain still works like a steel trap..LOL:D
LINE-X GRILLE "about $90 total"

aetherH3 04-12-2006 05:01 PM

ooh, thanks. dang, how'd he get it so cheap? probably in a bigger city than i. how do you like your exhaust?

Dennis 04-12-2006 05:20 PM

Love it..I recommend it for anyone with an H3...Mine is a Gibson..The aluminized one is just under $400.00..I put it on in about 1.5 hours total removing the stock puttin on the new Gibson...And I didn't have to cut anything, the stock one slide right out from the rear...You have to jack the body up to let the right rear suspension hang to get the room to clear the axle.

aetherH3 04-12-2006 08:11 PM

Is there any interior resonance? I had a turbo Jetta with a 3" Turboback exhaust on it and the resonance inside got to me after a while.