Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Didn't do so good.....Big time bummer.. (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/didnt-do-so-good-big-time-bummer-7143/)

Hawaiian Hummah 09-06-2007 09:46 PM

RE: Didn't do so good.....Big time bummer..

Patience always works in your favor when dealing with a salesman, you just gotta "wait" em out, I went thru the same deal as you, went home and 12~15 calls later (from salesman) I got the deal I originally asked for plus got them to throw in about $1000 in extras, and how can you possibly beat the 0% interest deal, I used the money I was going to put down and got rims for 2 cars [8D]:D

ockie 09-07-2007 06:24 AM

ORIGINAL: Big Mike

I drove over an hour each way to basically get it broke off in my arse....I made clear when I walked into the building credit is in place I just need some decent numbers...They hit me with "lets see what our guy can do"..I gave them a chance because I wanted the 0% deal, big mistake..I made it clear also the trade in is the key and before we go any farther I need that number, after a delay guess what was put in front of me....A payment plan !! "What payments I have agreed to nothing, there can be no payments because we have no deal in place"..It was like talking to a wall, she proceeded to explain all the plans they worked out..

Finally I cut her off and asked again for the trade in allowance, which she finally gave up...It was so low it was an insult, I snatched my keys and bailed...Not 10 minutes into the ride home guess who called, I just let it go to voicemail..

Also, allthey did on the H3 was GM rebates only nothing more that I could tell.........Not sure where things will go now, I'll just keep looking I guess..Basically it was wasted gas and time.....[sm=chairshot.gif]
Go to another dealer, tell them the horrible previous dealer and that you aren't going to waste your time... if they are any good, they will take note.

This is what I did with mine, I am so tired of these dealers who tries to push "just sign here and it's yours" before you really even discussed what you wanted.

Trayderjoe 09-07-2007 06:31 AM

I have haggled with good and bad sales reps (it is a lot more fun nailing the bad ones!), but I was kind ofdisappointed with my sales experience in getting my Hummer. I didn't have to haggle, he gave me a price that was better than I thought I could get, and then offered me 2K over Kelly Blue Book retail for my trade in. He finished it off by giving me the 0% (without my asking) when I picked up my rig, even though at the time I ordered the vehicle I had agreed to 1.9%.

Good advice from the previous posters, research the vehicle, try and get the dealer invoice numbers (pretty easy to do these days), and that is where you should negotiate from.Don't forget that the dealer doesn't even pay the invoice price since they get kickbacks based upon salesvolume. The only person who trulyknows what was paid for the vehicle is the owner of the dealership. Good luck!

Big Mike 09-07-2007 06:46 AM

Thanks again for all the helpfull info, I sent e-mails this morning to the dealers in A-town, PA, Rochester, NY and Albany, NY....I'll let them slug it out between themselves to see who wants to sell me an H3..

Just for more bargaining power I looked at the FJ last night, I'd be afraid of breaking it !! You guys are correct its not even close to a Hummer H3..

HummerGuy 09-07-2007 07:18 AM

Hey Mike. I used 100% internet power to buy my H3. I went to various sites request info on new H3's for sale, including Hummer, and I had 3 different dealers bargaining with me via email before I even set foot in the door for any of them. The internet is a powerful tool for buying a car. You should utilize it. It will save you alot of time and money. I actually ended up getting more for my Scion xB as a trade-in then it was worth because it was in such high demand at the time. I got lucky, but I got a great deal on the H3. Keep looking, and don't waste your time with ignorant morons that try to rip you off. They aren't worth your time and definitely not worth your money.

Big Mike 09-07-2007 07:25 AM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

Hey Mike. I used 100% internet power to buy my H3. I went to various sites request info on new H3's for sale, including Hummer, and I had 3 different dealers bargaining with me via email before I even set foot in the door for any of them. The internet is a powerful tool for buying a car. You should utilize it. It will save you alot of time and money. I actually ended up getting more for my Scion xB as a trade-in then it was worth because it was in such high demand at the time. I got lucky, but I got a great deal on the H3. Keep looking, and don't waste your time with ignorant morons that try to rip you off. They aren't worth your time and definitely not worth your money.
Yes sir, thats where I'm at now..As a long haul trucker I really don't have time for road trips to get jerked around !! Internet it shall be..

HummerGuy 09-07-2007 07:31 AM

Awesome. I hate seeing people get dikked around at the dealers.