Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Decision H3 or H3X (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/decision-h3-h3x-2478/)

H3X442 11-13-2006 10:02 PM

Decision H3 or H3X

Hi All,
I have been waiting for a desert orange h3x to come in at the dealer I work at. Well it came in today and has a dent in the roof the size of a quarter and sunk in about 4" around the dent. We had one come in last week with the same exact dent. I guess I am kind of anal when it comes to dents and scratchs in a brand new truck. There is another h3x that the deal fell through and it seems to be dent and scratch free. I was originally going to order a H3 with lux pkg,off road pkg,yellow with ebony leather and chrome goodies which will save me about $800. I will be doing some off roading but nothing to drastic and only 3-4 times a year and wonder if the off road pkg is worth getting. I like the look of the h3x but also like the off road look. I can have the h3x tommorow and would have a 6-8 week wait for the h3. I guess I am now leaning toward ordering a H3 and hope the incentives stay in place or go up. What kind of opinions to you guys and gals have on this. Thanks steve

melvynray 11-13-2006 10:12 PM

RE: Decision H3 or H3X

h3x to me looks kinda weird....

personally get a h3 w/adventure package. it looks so nice. i just bought one friday. the tires and little more lift definatly turns heads. and the locking differential is good to have when you wanna have some extra fun. just look at an x and look at an adventure. the adv looks no much more agressive. and if you ever plan to be in mud... tires make a world of difference...

Dennis 11-13-2006 11:21 PM

I'm with Mel..for the extra money for the X it ain't worth it..I'm not a big fan of a painted grille or a suitcase for a spare tire cover..so if you can stand the wait..go for the H3.

RefiGuy 11-14-2006 12:09 AM

Personally I bought the X because it had all the goodies.. but then again, I don't plan on off-roading.. I just liked the look of the Desert Sun paint on it...

MyH3hummer 11-14-2006 01:52 AM

what is the different between the H3x and the H3 ?:eek:

H3X442 11-14-2006 09:11 AM

I am going to either order or find a dealer trade. The reason I would go dealer trade is there is a extra $500 incentive money till 11/15 in my area. I have another question is the navigation unit worth getting? I have never had a navigation unit before and don't know how much I would use it. Thanks Steve

dilo2001gt 11-14-2006 10:04 AM

My dealer told me they are 4,000 more base price to me i take that extra money and add my own accessories on.

Dennis 11-14-2006 11:28 AM

ORIGINAL: MyH3hummer

what is the different between the H3x and the H3 ?:eek:
IMO what you got on your rig now meets or exceeds what the H3X has on it in a lot of respects...Aside from the painted grille and the big color coordinated locking tire cover..there is not much else different.

From the sounds of it your's is like mine a little...Nice color choice I might add;)

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/Atwater/h2.jpg

GHummer 11-14-2006 05:01 PM

[sm=icon_stickpoke.gif]Dennis, there is a speck of dust on the corner of the rear wheel well...

And I thought you kept your truck clean...:D

H3X442 11-14-2006 08:37 PM

Well I got a Yellow with ebony H3 with adventure,lux package,chrome package,chrome wheels,xm,sunroof and side roof air bag. It will be here friday and was a dealer trade that I located. I will have to add a couple things like roof rack,side steps, chrome fuel door and brush guard but that is dealer installed anyway. I did not get the Navagation system but I would not use it a lot anyways and would like to load more than one cd at a time. Will post pics when I get it. Steve