Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Clunk! (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/clunk-9607/)

RealJeep 01-23-2008 01:37 PM

Clunk!

Just got past the 6,000 mile mark on my 07 H3 Adventure (auto) and now it's starting to make a loud front end Clunk when making a sharp turn. It doesn't do it all the time so I can't replicate it for the dealer, I'll have to wait for someone who knows what's going on or something to break, whichever comes first. Any ideas, suggestions, etc...?

Muddydawg75 01-23-2008 02:48 PM

RE: Clunk!

I've read on here anything from the rubber bumpers on the hoodneeding adjustment,to broken steering box mounts, to brake issues to faulty parts, to steering coulums.

I used the search and couldn't find anything that repeated enough to say try this first....

stingrey 01-23-2008 03:02 PM

does it happen when making both left and right turns? the sound you may be hearing could be a cv joint going bad.

Doc Olds 01-23-2008 04:01 PM

ReelJeep; It makes the noise when you brake,stay on the brakeand turn hard to the right I would bet?

RealJeep 01-23-2008 05:42 PM

I couldn't find anything in search either...I'm going to try to replicate it but it's only doing it once every several days. I was hoping someone would know or remember the issue. It almost sounds like the noise you get with drive line wrap-up when driving on hard pavemant and I know I'm not in 4x4HI. Sometimes ya just gotta wonder about these trucks.

RICKNICKS 01-23-2008 06:46 PM

I am having a similar issue with mine.. going into a sharp turn I hear and sometimes can feel a clunk or thud sound seeming to come from the front end. I was at the dealership last week for it and the tech said the right control arm was loose... they brought it back to me at work and when I went home that night it was still doing it..apparently that wasn't the problem.. have an appt. next week again for them to try and find the problem again

hummerabia 01-24-2008 05:30 AM

Had a similar clunk recently when manovering in the carpark or hitting a bump, dealer replaced both top control arms and intermediate shaft, on warranty of course even though I told em it all started when I was out in the desert.

General 01-24-2008 07:44 AM

And what is the result? Is the sound gone now?

Steve #1 01-24-2008 12:56 PM

I just dropped mine off at the dealer for this same thing this morning.

Mine started with this a few weeks ago. I described it in one post as sounding like a oblong object rolling around in the back. It has since gotten more noticeable mostly while turning corners at higher speeds and seems to be coming from the driver front suspension. I heard it this morning whenI hit a dip, then replicated it by goosing the throttle in 1st gear.

I'll report back with there findings.

Steve #1 01-24-2008 04:25 PM

I just got an update from the dealer. They have seen it before. Apparently there was a batch of body mount bolts that were to long and are the cause of the problem. I didn't get in to detail as I was driving when I got the call. The solution is to shave down the bolt. They took care of the majority of it but said they now hear it in the rear and will do the same with the rear body mount bolts. Should be ready tomorrow. I'll get more details when I pick it up.