Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Chip in Windshield (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/chip-windshield-6221/)

whododat 07-10-2007 02:55 PM

Chip in Windshield

Has anyone ever used a chip repair service and are they worth it. I was quoted 90.00 to fix it. Just curious about past experiences

JDJoe 07-10-2007 04:34 PM

RE: Chip in Windshield

I got a chip + crackin the lower left corner of the windshield andsaw a commercial fora company named Safelite. You can schedule everything online and the cost was only about $55, I think. The repair is guaranteed to pass state inspection and manufacturer inspection on lease turn-in. The service was great, but since there was some small spider cracks, you can still see them. I thought the sealer would hide the cracks, but it didn't on mine. That could be because I waited at least a month before having it repaired, though. And it's been sealed for about 5 or 6 months and no problems at all. Like I said, the cracks are still visible, but they haven't gotten any worse at all.

Muddydawg75 07-10-2007 05:02 PM

safelite does an excellant job... they have gone so far as to come to a job site to fix a bad windshield on one of our fleet vehicles...

Mr_Pat 07-10-2007 05:32 PM

Places here in Cheyenne quoted me 35-55. I check around to 5 dif places.

blackstangs281 07-10-2007 05:58 PM

I just got a new lookseethrough in the H2. It had a rock chip right in the middle, so I called my insurance company. I have a zerodeductable on windshield replacement, and I told them I wanted a new one. They said it would save money to just get it repaired. [:@]

I said, "Save who money? I have no deductable!"...................................The y called me right back with a appointment to get it replaced.:)

bonzaiii 07-10-2007 06:39 PM

I've had chips/cracks repaired twice and both times It looked like brand new when they were done.

whododat 07-10-2007 08:11 PM

Thanks for the replies. Safelite gave me an estimate of 59.95. Thank You very much!!!!!

Mountain Trooper 07-10-2007 09:06 PM

I got my first chip at 524 miles...

INSURANCE paid it 100%... check with your provider to save your money. They even had someone come to the house and do it. Just like new again !

thehammer12 07-10-2007 11:23 PM

Yeah I got my windsheild crack and broken twice, and both times covered from allstate insurance. Its an extra 20 bucks every six months for me and it does not count against u on your policy. Its considered comprehensive so its differenct from being in accidents.

D VADER 07-11-2007 04:58 AM

This is good info guys! With our vertical windshields damage is bound to occur. Now I know how to get it fixed!:)