Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Carbon dip coating (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/carbon-dip-coating-23550/)

Bullwheel 03-29-2011 09:42 PM

Carbon dip coating

We see a lot of chrome and many nice blacked out H3's...

Did already someone tried to make use of dip coating, hydrographic or water transfer printing (these are the 3 descriptions commonly used)...?

Would be nice to get some photos if possible.
I especially would be interested in carbon style...but they have this method also with camo and many other patterns.

Widespread Hummer 03-30-2011 07:35 AM

Dip coating > are you refering to a plastic-type coating similar to that on some cresent wrenched? If so, that is just starting to get some attention here. I think I only began seeing it at the large hardware stores in the last 1.5 years.
The hydrographic or water transfer printing is not something I have heard before. Little scale model cars often have decals you wet then stick on the plastic, is it similar to that?
Someone on here has there H3 all camo'd, done with decals I believe. It looks super sharp. Maybe search "Camo'dH3" I think that is it but not certain.

Bullwheel 03-30-2011 11:38 PM

A complete H3 would be hard to dip...but parts like mirror cover, handles, grille... should be easy.
Just put camo dipping in google and there are many movies out there explaining how it works.
I like this method as it gives a quality like painted....the 3M stickers cannot compare with this.
I just ordered 10sqm of carbon film and the necessary activator. Soon I will do my first trials...
If it looks wrong I can still paint it black.
I will post pics when done.

Widespread Hummer 03-31-2011 03:45 AM

That stuff is pretty cool. Would like to see some pics when you try it out for sure.

dafihummer 03-31-2011 08:25 AM

do you mean vinyl wrap , carbon, matt black or any other colour ?
It's taking off here and popular with Range Rovers and sports cars..never seen a wrapped H3 yet...Matt black on chrome would be interesting !

rojah247 04-12-2011 07:42 AM

Water Transfer Dipping

2 Attachment(s)
Hey guys, I got my hood louver and all the interior dipped at my work. We can do anything really. I did the carbon fiber on the hood and the wood grain on the inside to make it look brighter. My nest step is to take the roof rails that run down the side and carbon fiber the black pieces so that they don't fade. I also wanna do the engine covers. Its all water and heat resistant. And it comes with a nice warranty. If you have any question let me know. my email is rhershberger24@gmail.com and my name is Roger. I also showing you some pics of the stuff I had done.

Broken Halo 04-12-2011 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by rojah247 (Post 248121)
Hey guys, I got my hood louver and all the interior dipped at my work. We can do anything really. I did the carbon fiber on the hood and the wood grain on the inside to make it look brighter. My nest step is to take the roof rails that run down the side and carbon fiber the black pieces so that they don't fade. I also wanna do the engine covers. Its all water and heat resistant. And it comes with a nice warranty. If you have any question let me know. my email is rhershberger24@gmail.com and my name is Roger. I also showing you some pics of the stuff I had done.

Really nice job! Do you guys do this as a business? What kind of price are you getting for something like this? Does your company have a website? Thanks!

2wheelmonster 04-12-2011 08:08 AM

that looks awesome carbon dipped hoo ha
pm sent to your email
thanks for posting the pics

Hummphrey 04-12-2011 09:51 PM

That process is amazing. It looks really cool, is it relatively resistant to scratching off?

Bullwheel 04-12-2011 10:55 PM

Lucky guys in US....so many professional shops around where you can get a nice job done.
Here in Hong Kong they think I'm from the moon if I mention this technic.
Got now some materail from China...holy crap...I made first a sample piece and it looked like a bad airbrush...
Now I need to check on a better film to do it right.