Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Brakes already?? (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/brakes-already-5583/)

jen813 05-24-2007 06:13 AM

Brakes already??

Has anyone had to have their brakes done yet on their 2006 H3??? I am taking mine in tomorrow for the dealer to look at. I had a local shop look at them earlier this week because I have had a pulsating feeling everytime I apply my foot to the brakes. The guy who looked at it said the rotors are bad and the weird thing is the back rotors are worse than the front.

I called the dealer and told him the issue and when I told him I only had 18k on my truck he was shocked. I don't know what they plan on doing tomorrow when I take it in, but I was told by two different shops that parts for these are not even out yet and they would have to use aftermarket parts and it would take 4-5 days just to get the parts in....this is if the dealer doesn't take care of this....and they better or we're going to have an issue. I don't ride my brakes and 90% of my driving is on the freeway. I guess we'll see what happens tomorrow. They asked me to leave the truck there for the day.

kild1 05-24-2007 08:22 AM

RE: Brakes already??

the warpage comes from heat in the brakes
and mostly from hittin the brakes hard
like panic stops or just waiting to the last minute to stop
and because the H3 is heavy it makes the warpage worse.
i bet u dont need a set of brake pads yet but just have warped
the rotors .
it would be best to change the pads out and turn the rotors on a brake lathe
to true them back up but i have just turned the rotors and hit the pads w/ a sanding disk to get them smooth
but being they are under warranty i would suggest a new pad set .

let us know what happens
gl

Dennis 05-24-2007 08:27 AM

Yup..I agree with Kild1

dilo2001gt 05-24-2007 08:44 AM

Theses are the best brakes i ever had.
My 4 runners the **** rotors i was repacing every 15,000
I have 22,000 on the H3 no problems yet with the 35 in tire.

Dennis 05-24-2007 10:42 AM

After we are talking about a woman driver.....Alright, everyone sit down..nothing personal:D

dilo2001gt 05-24-2007 10:51 AM

you trying to say she drives with 2 feet :D:D

Dennis 05-24-2007 10:55 AM

Kinda what I was thinking..;)

jen813 05-24-2007 12:50 PM

I was told by the dealer that is was not covered under warranty when I spoke to him on the phone to schedule an appointment, but hopefully it will be.

I guess my worry is that the back are worse than the front. Why is that? And no Dennis I don't drive with two feet. The guy who originally looked at them didn't seem to think this was a normal wear problem.

HummBob 05-24-2007 01:43 PM

Must be a PARTICULAR problem. There's no way your brakes would be shot already!!!

alpha4wd 05-24-2007 01:54 PM

Rotors should be covered under warranty if they are out of round. What alot of people don't realize is that if you sit in traffic for long periods of time with your foot on the brakes it makes a hot spot on the rotor where the hotpad sits.