Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Base/Luxury/Adventure (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/base-luxury-adventure-32857/)

ninjarider 04-01-2014 03:28 PM

Base/Luxury/Adventure

Hi there! How can you distinguish if you're H2 is a base, luxury, adventure model? Is it through the vin number? :confused:

Thanks!

Man1nboat 04-01-2014 04:42 PM

No.

1-3 are he world identfiier and for a Hummer would be either 5GR or 5GT (1, 4, 5 denotes build in the USA)
4 brake system by GVWR
5-6 line chassis/series (H3 is N1 H2 is N2)
7 body type
8 engine
9 Check digit
10 Model year
11 plant
12-17 sequential serial number (THIS IS NOT THE same as the assembly line sequence number) and the number may appear to be high and does NOT denote the actual number of vehicles built and sold for that year)

jsbihn 04-01-2014 06:50 PM

Did I miss something with Man1nboat's response?
I am not exactly sure what you are trying to state here.

I got the "No" part, assuming you meant that there is no way to identify it through the VIN, but the rest I dont understand.... and I am not exactly sure but I dont think you the original question was answered, which I read as "how do you Identify a Base/Lux/Adventure model H2?"

Signal25 04-01-2014 09:17 PM

When I was at the dealer, service manager told me mine was a LUX. In the glove box sticker its code 1SC.
Cant help you with the rest of the line.

Man1nboat 04-01-2014 09:24 PM

The VIN is 17 characters... Each character is defined in the post. The VIN does not determine the H2 type...

ninjarider 04-01-2014 09:39 PM

That's what I meant jsbihn. I guess, I should've rephrased my question without mentioning the vin number which probably was also confusing. Anyway, how can you distinguish/identify the model of the H2?

Thanks!

Man1nboat 04-01-2014 09:58 PM

I don't know about a code; however, suspect that the differences are within the options available. Examples:

Black roof rack crossbars and brush grille guard are standard in the Adventure Hummer H2 and options in the other two packages.

Chrome tubular assist steps and the Chromed Appearance package, which includes a brushed aluminum roof rack and chromed door handles are standard in the Lux Hummer H2 and options in the Base and Adventure Hummer H2s.

Of course I screwed up their system by dechroming my Lux H2...

ninjarider 04-01-2014 11:40 PM

Cool Man1nboat! Now I know, mine is the Adventure model :D

Thanks all for the response! This forum rocks!

KruBruder 04-05-2014 04:37 PM

Adventure has air suspension and the inflator in back right interior panel.《This is what I have.
LUX has black leather and perforated grab handle on dash and doors. 《 this is what my wife has.
Base has neither.
I'm sure there are a couple other differences but these will help you be able to tell the difference.

ant69 08-13-2014 12:20 PM

Still a little confusing, but good to know you really cant de-value an H2 with "upgrades". And that having every option except air leveler available in 03 makes mine and pretty much every H2 owner's Hummer a "Base".