Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   anyone use chips? (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/anyone-use-chips-25100/)

mrcool 08-19-2011 05:28 PM

anyone use chips?

does anyone sell a good chip for the 6.0 liter to increase fuel economy and performance anyone used these?:confused:

Muddydawg75 08-19-2011 05:39 PM

I don't use them because I don't believe in them. I personally feel that the long term effects of running them could create a lean engine and cause loss of engine longivity.

I personally use an Edge now, after swapping from a Predator. I took the advice of a guy here to buy the Edge and it's awesome. The predator is crap and if I had paid for it I'd be pissed.

mrcool 08-19-2011 05:50 PM

O.K. I'm stupid what is the edge or predator?

mrcool 08-19-2011 06:07 PM

I checked out their website thanks for the info I'll continue to do some more research I wonder if the edge is available for the 6.0 gas in my h2?

TAINTER 08-19-2011 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by mrcool (Post 257821)
I checked out their website thanks for the info I'll continue to do some more research I wonder if the edge is available for the 6.0 gas in my h2?

Looks like they have 4 different models for your H2 and a dash pod:
Edge Products| Products

The Evolution CS in-cab controller, monitor and digital gauge display features a full-color, high-resolution 2.4-inch, button-controlled screen. The CS features a ruggedized case, user-friendly buttons, an easy-to-navigate menu, and a light sensitivity meter that automatically adjusts the brightness for improved viewing for day and night driving.
Part Number Retail Description
85150 $493.85 Evolution CS Gas

The Evolution CTS in-cab monitor and digital gauge display is a full-color, high-resolution 4.3-inch touch screen device. The CTS has all the features of a CS but also comes equipped with a video-in port allowing users to connect to Edge’s state-of-the-art back-up camera (sold separately including night vision and locking license plate mount) or any compatible off-the-shelf backup camera or video source.
85250 $662.62 Evolution CTS Gas

Comprehensive Gauge Display!

The Insight CS is an easy-to-install standalone multi-gauge display. With what would otherwise cost thousands of dollars and take hours to install, the Insight CS provides inexpensively and instantly.
83730 $336.38 Insight CS (Fits 1996 and Newer OBDII-Enabled Vehicles)

Comprehensive Gauge Display!

The Insight CTS is an easy-to-install standalone multi-gauge display. With what would otherwise cost thousands of dollars and take hours to install, the Insight CTS provides inexpensively and instantly.
83830 $448.88 Insight CTS (Fits 1996 and Newer OBDII-Enabled Vehicles)

mrcool 08-21-2011 02:28 PM

edge performance

anyone else use one of these and what is your opinion worth the money ? or not.:D

Muddydawg75 08-21-2011 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by mrcool (Post 257821)

I'm sorry, I assumed that with a H2 avatar and signature you would have assumed that I had a H2 and was speaking from experience.

I have the Evolution CTS.

mrcool 08-22-2011 08:29 AM

edge products

Sorry just looking for as much info as possible I an thinking about trying one of these just don't want to waste money I do appreciate your reply thanks anyone else want to jump in?:D

benitobest 08-23-2011 10:28 PM

in my Hummer H2, I put on the MAF from Chevi 5.3
everything is fine:cool:

mrcool 09-14-2011 08:42 AM

I added the Edge CS and am very happy with the performance increase the gas mileage is still not great but it is more fun to drive not so lethargic thanks for your help.