Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Anyone else get this letter? (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/anyone-else-get-letter-27287/)

SD90 03-19-2012 08:38 PM

Anyone else get this letter?

I got a letter from GM trying to get me out of my 2008 H2. They said they would love to get me into a new 2012 GM product, and are willing to give me a great deal on a new GM vehicle. Are they trying to tell me that there may not be spare parts soon? Or maybe just trying to get a customer that bought a product from them that they may not be able to get parts for soon, into a vehicle that they will be able to fix. I wonder how much $$$ they will give me for it? There isn't really anything else I would trade my H2 for right now. Maybe a fully loaded Escalade...but than again, maybe not! It still wouldn't compare to an H2!

Bunger 03-19-2012 09:10 PM

It's a sales pitch to get a new vehicle sale.
It's got nothing to do with Hummer or the availability of parts.

mattdillon 03-20-2012 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by SD90 (Post 274313)
I got a letter from GM trying to get me out of my 2008 H2. They said they would love to get me into a new 2012 GM product, and are willing to give me a great deal on a new GM vehicle. Are they trying to tell me that there may not be spare parts soon? Or maybe just trying to get a customer that bought a product from them that they may not be able to get parts for soon, into a vehicle that they will be able to fix. I wonder how much $$$ they will give me for it? There isn't really anything else I would trade my H2 for right now. Maybe a fully loaded Escalade...but than again, maybe not! It still wouldn't compare to an H2!

SD, I just got my 08' in Nov. & I wouldn't trade it for any other SUV Period! I went from an 03' to the 08' & they're like night & day, 08's an Awesome Machine! jmo

SD90 03-23-2012 02:19 PM

I looked at an escalade the other day, they are nice, but totally different than the H2. No way I'd trade my 08 H2 for one, or any other suv out there.
HUMMER, like nothing else!

audiowhiz 03-23-2012 07:23 PM

I actually traded my 07 Escalade ESV for my 05 H2 with no regrets. :D

Not my first H2 either. Had an 03 a few years ago, I let it go , and missed it.

H2Miami 03-24-2012 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Bunger (Post 274319)
It's a sales pitch to get a new vehicle sale.
It's got nothing to do with Hummer or the availability of parts.

Well actually yes there is problem getting Hummer parts ... Mine is in a bodyshop now for a small crash and both the insurance and the shop told me that get parts for HUmmer is getting harder every day ...

But they also told me that this truck isnt loosing their value instead are increasing , they think that Hummer is going to pass as a classic American car in a few years . Which will rinse the value a lot

In anyway your letter is only a sales tactic . it happens to me with Ford and Gm vehicles ..

Keep your truck , you wont regret it :)