Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Air Doc rattling (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/air-doc-rattling-35219/)

airbornediver 04-22-2015 05:52 PM

Air Doc rattling

I have an Air Doc with KN on my 2009 H3T 3.7 basic. Since I put a flow master on my truck the Air Doc rattles badly at times. I have taken it to several mechanics and everything seems fine, just rattles. Anyone have this issue? Also on another note my power steering cap just disappeared. Anyone have a part number?

Thanks for any help.

woodwardsh3 04-22-2015 07:31 PM

Did you mount the exhaust solid / or check your motor mounts

Doc Olds 04-23-2015 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by airbornediver (Post 326044)
I have an Air Doc with KN on my 2009 H3T 3.7 basic. Since I put a flow master on my truck the Air Doc rattles badly at times. I have taken it to several mechanics and everything seems fine, just rattles. Anyone have this issue? Also on another note my power steering cap just disappeared. Anyone have a part number?

Thanks for any help.

It makes noise (transfers vibration from the motor) to the inner fender because it needs a minor adjustment and/or it was not installed quite right. Loosen the T Bolts over the Air Doc Pipe (enough to allow the pipe to slide in or out of the couplers) and move the Air Filter box away from or towards the fender with the truck idling until the sound stops, re-snug the T Bolts.

Better yet, contact AirDocIntakes and ask for some assistance, that what customer service is for and they would have told you this long ago.

airbornediver 04-23-2015 06:59 PM

I took the Hummer to Ft Buchanan Auto Craft center and the mechanic there suspected the right side motor mount. So I take it to a GM Mechanic and he showed me where the mount is bad and the other side is going as well. On avg you guys know how much a job like that costs? I have no warranty. Im no mechanic. The mounts from Dealer are $84 and $83.

Originally Posted by woodwardsh3 (Post 326048)
Did you mount the exhaust solid / or check your motor mounts

Doc Olds 04-24-2015 07:52 AM

For the longest time I never heard of the H3/Ts having any motor mount issues, but recently I have started to see some of this?

Plan on a minimum of 3 hours book time (1.5/side) at whatever your local going hourly rate is. At $40 per hour that's $120... plus the parts which you already know about. So using the old shop time rule of thumb, labor is the same as drivetrain parts costs.... I'll guess the labor part of your job will be between $120 and $160?

Let us know how it goes.

airbornediver 04-26-2015 10:00 AM

Anyone on here has changed there's out? I have several mechanics who say they can do it. I just need to knew whats all involved. Im not sure if there is anything different or that I need to worry about with doing the change out on the Hummer.

Originally Posted by Doc Olds (Post 326086)
For the longest time I never heard of the H3/Ts having any motor mount issues, but recently I have started to see some of this?

Plan on a minimum of 3 hours book time (1.5/side) at whatever your local going hourly rate is. At $40 per hour that's $120... plus the parts which you already know about. So using the old shop time rule of thumb, labor is the same as drivetrain parts costs.... I'll guess the labor part of your job will be between $120 and $160?

Let us know how it goes.