Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   after market radio (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/after-market-radio-35298/)

H2008 05-14-2015 02:13 PM

after market radio

I'm looking for an after market radio/nav/DVD that will retain my steering wheel controls, Bose system and OEM rear DVD. Does this exist?

ryaleon 05-14-2015 02:58 PM

Yes. With the correct adapter pretty much any aftermarket stereo will work. Had a Sony that retained everything in my 04 and now I have a JVC that retains everything in my 08. Check out crutchfield.com even if you don't buy from them they are a great research tool.

H2008 05-14-2015 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by ryaleon (Post 326628)
Yes. With the correct adapter pretty much any aftermarket stereo will work. Had a Sony that retained everything in my 04 and now I have a JVC that retains everything in my 08. Check out crutchfield.com even if you don't buy from them they are a great research tool.

Does your OEM DVD in the rear still work too?

ryaleon 05-14-2015 03:17 PM

Yes it does. Crutchfield had all the adapters necessary. Only thing I didn't retain was the factory nav. To keep nav you have to buy a head unit that has it. And pretty much any aftermarket nav will be better than the stock one. It was pretty rough.

H2008 05-14-2015 03:36 PM

Wow, this sounds promising. I'm mechanically inclined not tech savvy when it comes to sound systems. Does Crutchfield walk you through the options, or do you have to know what to look for as far as adapters?

ryaleon 05-14-2015 06:20 PM

Crutchfield will pretty much walk you through. The only adapter I had to search for on my own was the one for the back up camera.

ryaleon 05-14-2015 06:29 PM

Axxess AX-ADGM01 Interface Harness Connect a new car stereo to select 2006-up General Motors vehicles (retains Bluetooth, warning chimes, Retained Accessory Power, and OnStar) at Crutchfield.com

Axxess AX-ADBOX1 Interface Module Connect a new car stereo and retain many factory functions in select 2000-up vehicles at Crutchfield.com

Axxess ASWC-1 Steering Wheel Control Adapter Connects your car's steering wheel audio controls to select aftermarket car stereos at Crutchfield.com

Metra GMRSAV Factory Integration Adapter Retain the factory rear seat entertainment (RSE) system in select 2007-up GM-built vehicles at Crutchfield.com

Metra 40-CR10 Antenna Adapter Works with select 2001-up vehicles ? Motorola plug to snap-lock female antenna jack at Crutchfield.com

Metra 95-3305 Dash Kit Fits select 2006-up General Motors vehicles ? double-DIN radios at Crutchfield.com

These are the adapters that came with my order. they are pricy on their own but the antenna adapter and dash kit are free if you order a stereo and the more expensive adapters are considerably discounted.

H2008 05-14-2015 06:52 PM

Thank you so much for a all the links. How do you like your JVC? Does it have an xm/Sirius option?

ryaleon 05-14-2015 06:54 PM

There was an optional add on for the xm adapter. Wasn't expensive but I don't much care for xm. Seems like the channels I like play the same few songs over and again.

ryaleon 05-14-2015 06:55 PM

The JVC I picked up is great. Does everything well. Haven't had any issues and I don't anticipate any either. Do you plan on doing the install yourself?