Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   4x4 Wheeling location in NJ- Damn nice (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/4x4-wheeling-location-nj-damn-nice-9335/)

07HummerH3 01-12-2008 04:33 PM

4x4 Wheeling location in NJ- Damn nice

Anyone from NJ around? I've been trying to find nearby locations for about a year and finally have- Tight trails with whoops and water (kissed a tree today with my rear 1/4), hill climbs that get so steep you can't get up 'em, sand, mud, switch-backs, the whole nine yards. Ther is no rock crawling but the location is damn nice for "NJ". Me and my 2 buddies (with an an '08 H3 and 3rdwith a wrangler) have been hitting this location for the past 3-4 weeks and only seen 2 other vehicles.

The location is about 5min from Great Adventure and it's all totally legal in the Pine Barrens.

Anyone interested PM me - it would be cool to meet up.

3hummers 01-12-2008 04:37 PM

RE: 4x4 Wheeling location in NJ- Damn nice

Beem a lot of NJ people talking about getting together to go wheelin. I am sure someone will take you up on it. Wish I wasn't 3000 miles away.

Muddydawg75 01-12-2008 04:49 PM

Is that the place off of 70 that you go down the paved road, turn and at the end of the road there is a house on the right and then it just opens up into a big open area and has a ton of hills?

If it is that is the same place that we met the ranger coming out while we were going in... he had just written a bunch of tickets...

importkiller 01-12-2008 06:37 PM

welcome to NJ...here's your ticket. That should be the new NJ slogan:)

07HummerH3 01-12-2008 07:09 PM

ORIGINAL: Muddydawg75

Is that the place off of 70 that you go down the paved road, turn and at the end of the road there is a house on the right and then it just opens up into a big open area and has a ton of hills?

If it is that is the same place that we met the ranger coming out while we were going in... he had just written a bunch of tickets...

Nope, I dont believe so. It is part of the NJWMA/ Pine Barrens and registered vehicles are permitted. I've seen some vehicles nearby- the closest building that I know of is some gun club, but the terrain sounds similar it is about 15-20 acres of hills, etc.. no paved road however.

Muddy: I'm not doubting tht you saw a ranger, but one of my buddies ownes a security company and drives a retired security truck in there sometimes (lifted cherokeewith yellow patrol lights and an insignia on the door) and is sometimes mistaken as a ranger.....especially when he runs the lights.

Camou2 01-12-2008 07:15 PM

Muddy and 07, isn't Pine Barrens where Trey and the group from NY Hummer Club are going off roading on the 27th of this month? I am sure there are some other posts up now that talk about this adventure.

07HummerH3 01-12-2008 07:53 PM

If so, that is great- I'd like to hook up with them -- the pine barrens are huge however, they take up like 20% of NJ

importkiller 01-12-2008 07:57 PM

pine barrons have some nice trails...and the Jersey Devil!!!!

sgt940 01-12-2008 09:03 PM

We didn't have enough people for the evet on the 27 th ,.
Trey is trying to reschedule...
Keep in touch we can add you to the email list.... Also keep an eye on the forum for newposts.

Muddydawg75 01-13-2008 10:42 AM

ORIGINAL: 07HummerH3

Nope, I dont believe so. It is part of the NJWMA/ Pine Barrens and registered vehicles are permitted. I've seen some vehicles nearby- the closest building that I know of is some gun club, but the terrain sounds similar it is about 15-20 acres of hills, etc.. no paved road however.

Muddy: I'm not doubting tht you saw a ranger, but one of my buddies ownes a security company and drives a retired security truck in there sometimes (lifted cherokeewith yellow patrol lights and an insignia on the door) and is sometimes mistaken as a ranger.....especially when he runs the lights.
Doesn't sound like the same place... what I was talking about is right off of 70 heading toward 539.

It was a ranger... he's the only one that really jerks the wheelers around. He has a Heep Liberty.... he stopped us coming in to check us out... and had just left giving a bunch of tickets.

I'd like to check out the place you are talking about.

We also have some private land that we play on coming down 206 past 70towards the Ranger Station.