PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to Hummer, 2 questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 09:08 PM
Default New to Hummer, 2 questions

Just bought my 1st Hummer, a 2007 H2 1 week ago. 2 questions. Leaking A pillars above grab handle when it rains. I tested sunroof drains. They are clear. Next I will try resetting with silicone the plugs inside the corner roof lights as I read about in these forums. . Wondering if this is done by just removing yellow cover and if so are they easy to remove? And put back ? Next question is the tire cover has a chrome dome in center above where tag goes. When I was looking at it I found that it just pulled right off. There are 3 little ears but they were not held with anything. I am lucky it did not blow off going down road. What is it missing to hold in place and whatever holds it is it easy to obtain? Thank you in advance. here is pic of my new beauty [img]webkit-fake-url://ea02db57-72f1-4beb-b819-e21b421bbd0a/imagejpeg[/img]

Old 08-06-2017, 11:46 AM

The corner marker lights have a small screw on the rear to remove and a tab on the front, remove the screw and pull the back straight up to remove the front tab. Throw a bunch of silicone in there. You can also buy new seals on ebay, they're expensive for what they are but he's the only person selling them.

If you are talking about the external tire carrier plastic piece which holds the license plate. That chrome piece just presses in with tabs as far as I know. I would remove the cover, press the chrome piece back in and add a bunch of either epoxy or strong glue on the back where the tabs come through and you should be good.

Old 08-06-2017, 02:52 PM

I took off both the corner marker lights and loosened the gaskets. The internal parts are totally dry and absolutely no dampness. Gaskets are good condition so carefully put them back as they were. I now don't think that is the leak problem either. I tried loosening the front top carrier bar and can't seem to budge the *****. It is forward from the last mark and I wanted to move it back to proper position and have a look up in that area closer. Not looking forward to trying to remove inside headliner to see what is going on with my leak. Bummed. Suppose to rain again and without garage use guess I will put shower curtain over top front again for the night.
Dealer inspected just this past week and got me for the tag light replacement and removed fuse from light bar as not legal in my state. Did not leave me fuse and diagram as said AND when I did my own inspection today I SEE tag light was NOT replaced as little flanges holding it are bit rusted and have not been removed. Tag light is out. Guess I will be driving back to them when they open tomorrow. This is what I deserve for not checking these things when I picked it up after the state inspection. Didn't think I needed too. QUICKLY Loosing trust in my local gmc "dealer"!!!! Still thinking that emblem needs some kind of clips on back as loosely slides on and off the 3 slots. Wondering if dealer lost those too. Sheesh !! A week and half into being an H2 owner and even with problems I still love it.
Had tried to post photo on original post. I see I did something wrong.

Old 08-07-2017, 08:30 AM
Default Swimming in the floorboards

As the shower curtain blew off during the night (obviously this was very stupid thing to think might temporarily work) my 2007 H2 has several inches of water on the floor boards. You would think I left the sunroof open. NOT. The water is coming thru the headliner at the A pillars. I really need a lot of help. I'm a hummer owner for less than 2 weeks. Dealer (far away) did not tell me it had a leak. I bought on a dry day. Been raining inside and out ever since. I'm very frustrated at this point.
(btw tag light IS working at night, my mistake)

Old 08-07-2017, 10:07 AM

Has the previous owners penetrated the roof to install anything like light bars or anything like that? If not it has to be either the sunroof drains or the marker lights. Pull your A-pillars off and take a look under them, the sunroof tubes are under there. I do not believe they are one piece either so maybe one came loose under the A-pillar.

Unfortunately at this point the problem is yours unless the dealer is willing to work with you. You need to eliminate problem areas one at a time. Even if the corner lights are dry, silicone them anyway since that is a proven issue with these rigs. Also make sure the rails up top are clear of leaves and debris as water runs down them to drain the roof. If it builds up it will block the water.

Old 08-07-2017, 10:50 AM

Also the three middle marker lights on the roof (front and rear) are very much well known to leak. Check the floor in the rear hatch area - good chance that is also damp. Search here on the forums for roof leaks. There are plenty of threads that address the issues and ways to correct it. On the middle three I'm not fond of silicone around them as it makes it hard to change the bulb if it goes out and it also looks crappy.

Old 08-10-2017, 08:52 AM

I just had to seal up the center 3 lights. The seals we're old and cracked. Previously I had fixed the out lights, but this past week it started leaking again. They center ones just pop out. If you want a video to see how check out my YouTube channel www.youtube.con/boxmonkeyracing I'm also posting a video this weekend on how to repair inoperative gauges.

Old 08-11-2017, 08:08 AM

not sure if you already did it . But a few month ago I got thw same problem .
After sealing everything water keep coming thru .

the problem was the channel which runs umder tge 2 corner marker yellow light was clogged
the water accumulate flooding the light and passing thru the rubber garment which cover the wires amd connector

fix: clean the water channel and silicone all tge way around the garment.
will look for pics to post