Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   2006 h2 sut help My light has gone out in my heater/a/c fan switch (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/2006-h2-sut-help-my-light-has-gone-out-my-heater-c-fan-switch-30540/)

JCsh2 04-08-2013 10:02 PM

2006 h2 sut help My light has gone out in my heater/a/c fan switch

Before i pull the dash apart Can I seperate the heater/ a/c cotrol unit and replace the bulbs in my heater fan control switch just like you can do to the other dash and steering wheel bulbs by soldering in new ones?

LoJac963 04-09-2013 01:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
yes you can, sorry I don't have a pic of the circuit board.

Here is a pic of my center stack. I had multiple bulbs burned out so I soldered in crisp white LED's in everything.

The AC unit will pop out with clips on the side once you get the center stack trim off. You'll see what I mean once you can see behind the trim.

Attachment 12887

Man1nboat 04-09-2013 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by LoJac963 (Post 295698)
yes you can, sorry I don't have a pic of the circuit board.

Here is a pic of my center stack. I had multiple bulbs burned out so I soldered in crisp white LED's in everything.

The AC unit will pop out with clips on the side once you get the center stack trim off. You'll see what I mean once you can see behind the trim.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...hitecenter.jpg

This is good information! Where did you get the LED's and do you happen to know the model or part number? I want to do this. Also, is this possible with the dash cluster?

LoJac963 04-09-2013 01:56 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I bought the LED's from a US company on Ebay for dirt cheap. If I remember correctly ALL the circuit boards use 12volt LED's while the seat heater controls and switch controls use a 3.4 volt I believe.

Here's a pic of my cluster, I swapped in an escalade face with white needles. The escalade lens has a blue tint to it but I did put white LED's behind it also.

Attachment 12883

Seat heater controls on the driver side. Did red in the heater buttons and white to match everything else.

Attachment 12884

Garage/sunroof buttons

Attachment 12885

I have many more pics because I played around with Blue also but pulled them all out and went with a crisp clean white.

LoJac963 04-09-2013 02:01 PM

oh also I learned this from doing this project. Don't use a desoldering tool-absolutely worthless. Buy some solder wick with flux, it will be your best friend. Also grab some very thin solder and a decent iron with a sharp tip.

It's much easier to desolder each bulb with the wick than it is to just heat the solder, remove the old bulb and try and get in the LED.

Some of the circuit boards have the contact pads on the bottom and some of the top. Basically you need to get the holes cleared with the wick and push GENTLY the leads of the LED's through the circuit board holes then solder each side.

For the ones without holes and just contact pads I took some needlenose and bent the leads of the LED like feet like this:

| |
| |
-- --

Basically you'll figure it out as you go, its actually pretty easy just extremely time consuming. Its not something you want to rush...

fyr145 04-09-2013 04:14 PM

Awesome work !!

I enjoy looking at that work. I didnt know you could use an escalade panel in an H2. I love that!!!

I'd love to do that mod but I dont have the soldering skills to do that.

Man1nboat 04-09-2013 05:39 PM

Thanks for the great reply! I am digging into this and you have been a big help.

Richard

LoJac963 04-09-2013 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by fyr145 (Post 295709)
I enjoy looking at that work. I didnt know you could use an escalade panel in an H2. I love that!!!

I'd love to do that mod but I dont have the soldering skills to do that.

Well when we finally meet up (mostly my fault for taking so long) I'm sure we could work something out. Honestly the hardest part is getting everything apart and figuring out the polarity for the LED's. The actual soldering in is the easy part.....somewhat.

Originally Posted by Man1nboat (Post 295711)
Thanks for the great reply! I am digging into this and you have been a big help.

Richard

Not a problem, I have a few more pics on my build threads. Maybe I'll make one here too....

JCsh2 04-09-2013 09:03 PM

Thanks LoJack 963 for your responce it's been a great help!! Very Good detailed info..

sakodik 04-09-2013 09:55 PM

DUDE, that dash is so clean!