Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   2005 Hummer H2 navigation disc (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/2005-hummer-h2-navigation-disc-37415/)

kooks111o 10-17-2016 04:31 PM

2005 Hummer H2 navigation disc

So I just got a hummer h2😍😘. I'm so excited been dying for one forever. Anyway so I have the radio in and I notice when I push the nav button. Says I need the disc. It's really expensive from gm and I can't afford it right now. It's driving me nuts. Does anyone have a copy they can sell/send me please. I've tried to get gm to send one for free but they aren't budging. Thanks for your time. HELPPPPPP!

LoJac963 10-17-2016 06:54 PM

Yes they are expensive, H2's are expensive, maintenance on these older vehicles is expensive.

That being said, you can find knock off disks online at various sites. Most of them will not work but you can give one a shot.

kooks111o 10-17-2016 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by LoJac963 (Post 339533)
Yes they are expensive, H2's are expensive, maintenance on these older vehicles is expensive.

That being said, you can find knock off disks online at various sites. Most of them will not work but you can give one a shot.

I know everything is real expensive on my h2 most I don't mind. A navigation cd though just seems like they should be a little more accomadating. I'll def try to look online for sure. Thanks.

LoJac963 10-17-2016 07:15 PM

I hear ya, I ditched my 6-disk and added the factory nav but I still don't have a CD. I just can't justify paying the outrageous amount they cost. Maybe try backpage/craigs in your area. Maybe find one for cheap on there.

kooks111o 10-17-2016 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by LoJac963 (Post 339541)
I hear ya, I ditched my 6-disk and added the factory nav but I still don't have a CD. I just can't justify paying the outrageous amount they cost. Maybe try backpage/craigs in your area. Maybe find one for cheap on there.

Yeah I can't justify paying $180 plus shipping either. I'll keep searching. Hope we both find something.

3hummers 10-18-2016 03:48 PM

I may have one. I will have to look for it and see if I still have it.

kooks111o 10-18-2016 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by 3hummers (Post 339564)
I may have one. I will have to look for it and see if I still have it.

Ok thank you. I'd appreciate it so much. I need it desperately.

rustywhite 02-25-2018 12:30 PM

I'm in the same boat

Just bought my Hummer and it never had the nav system installed. Looked everywhere in the vehicle for the disk with no luck. I've contacted the dealer I bought it from and hopefully they can help me out. If any one has a disk they want to sell or let me burn, please message me.

MixManSC 03-03-2018 08:42 AM

If it never had the nav system installed from the factory then there is no disc to find. Even if you get a disc that will not magically turn the non-nav stereo into a nav one. That being said, if the radio does have the nav button then it has had the nav system installed and you just need a nav disc as someone at some point took the disc out to play a CD and never put the nav disc back in.

rustywhite 03-03-2018 11:00 AM

I got one from eBay and it works fine. I tried to burn a copy, but it must be copyright protected as the system wouldn't recognize it.