Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   1st Detailing/Polish (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/1st-detailing-polish-8197/)

Patches 11-11-2007 07:05 PM

1st Detailing/Polish

5 Attachment(s)
It'll never be cleaner than it is today since we're approaching our first winter and this is my daily driver. Also, hope to be wheelin' this spring and we know where that leads.

Anyway, I feel much better now that I have the first layers of Zaino and chrome polish on her. Didn't want to go into the snow season without some protection on it to help weather the cold and wet. I've had her two weeks now and figured it was time to apply a good dose of TLC.

Since it was raining/overcast all day, I spent the afternoon Zainoing the H3 and polishing all the chrome. That is one bigazz vehicle to clean and polish even if it is the smallest Hummer.[/align][/align]Notice in these pics - no swirl marks in the paint. None. I wouldn't let the dealer prep the car when they delivered it because the techs always use harsh, dirty rags and water to wash the vehicles and swirl the crap out of the paint. The Hummer was filthy when I picked it up and the dealer wasn't happy having to deliver it like that butI promised I'd give them a stellar rating on the delivery survey and I did. But look how nice the paintis after I washed and polished it properly.

Attachment 20906[/align][/align]Attachment 20907[/align][/align]Attachment 20908[/align][/align]Attachment 20909[/align][/align]Attachment 20910[/align]

Doc Olds 11-11-2007 07:08 PM

RE: 1st Detailing/Polish

Got em, but try with the IMG code in lower case img. ;)

Camou2 11-11-2007 07:28 PM

Nice job Patches. Just back from off roading tonight so got a lot of cleaning to do starting with a pressure washer in the morning. Good looking truck.

Patches 11-11-2007 08:03 PM

Gotcha', Doc. ;)

Thanks, Camou2. Good luck on the de-mudding.

Muddydawg75 11-11-2007 08:08 PM

Awesome.... simply awesome.

HummBob 11-11-2007 10:31 PM

PURTY!!!!!!!!!!!

Doc Olds 11-12-2007 08:39 AM

Woo hooo!! Now that is some clean shiny truck. Makes me wanna go home and wash mine, sorta. :D

SpeedNut 11-12-2007 01:12 PM

Nice, was that two or 3 coats of Zaino on the paint?

Looks fabulous!

08h3alpha 11-12-2007 05:23 PM

looks great !

Patches 11-12-2007 07:05 PM

ORIGINAL: SpeedNut

Nice, was that two or 3 coats of Zaino on the paint?

Looks fabulous!

Only had time for two. Zaino is normally pretty easy to apply but it is especially easy on a fresh,clean, new coat of paint.

Thanks, guys.