Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   07 H2 SUT air filter cover (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/07-h2-sut-air-filter-cover-35090/)

RebelBAC 04-01-2015 07:14 PM

07 H2 SUT air filter cover

Hi everyone,

New h2 owner here and new to the forum. Looking to learn some good stuff from you guys and was hoping to start with a question. I went to look at what kind of air filter is in my rig and noticed that the cover on the air filter is loose and not on properly. I tried and tried to line it up but it looks like the window washing fluid reservoir is pushed up against the air filter box on the backside and I can get the cover over the lip. Am I doing something wrong? It just doesn't seem possible to line it up unless I unbolt the whole box from the truck. I've been looking into installing a cold air intake so maybe I should just do that. What do you guys recommend? K&N or Airaid?

Thanks and I'm looking forward to being part of the forum.

LoJac963 04-01-2015 07:17 PM

It is a royal PITA to get that lid on and off. When I first bought mine I did the same as you, ended up removing that upper support bracket to get the dang lid back on. That was the point I installed my Volant intake and never looked back.

RebelBAC 04-01-2015 07:43 PM

Yeah seems like a terrible design. Have you seen a noticeable difference with your Volant installed?

LoJac963 04-02-2015 11:36 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Nothing worth noting. Eventually I also added an AirDoc tube to the Volant for a complete intake system. Looks awesome in there.

The main goal of the Volant for me was to have a easily accessible filter that I can clean, oil, and replace for a fraction of the cost of the stock air filters.

I also run a Volant pre-filter which prevents the actual filter from getting caked with leaves and other junk.

Attachment 11655

Attachment 11656

Attachment 11657

johnygoat 05-02-2015 05:38 PM

Did you notice a difference in fuel economy with the volant?

Baldfox 05-26-2015 02:33 PM

I had same problem with the lid of the airbox. I basically undid just the bolts holding the base of the Airbox to the fender/body and gave it a little tug and managed to get the lid back on. I swapped my standard filter for an aFE Power one

(Afe Pro Dry S Performance Air Filter 11 10088 Air Filters - robbiegibson.com)

I too am rocking an airdoc, which I am very pleased with (airdoc into standard box). Sounds nice and picks up better. Mine is an 09, but imagine yours has a silly seagull for an intake too ! Re the MPG too early too tell from the filter, (did it a week or so ago) but it seems to have smoothed the response out. I originally did the airdoc on its own with standard filter and that made a difference. See my other threads under H2.

LoJac963 05-28-2015 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by RebelBAC (Post 325300)
Yeah seems like a terrible design. Have you seen a noticeable difference with your Volant installed?

Not that I noticed. I only check my mpg once in a great while. These things get horrible gas mileage no matter what lol.