Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   '06 H3 Vibration (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/06-h3-vibration-31317/)

trome92 08-12-2013 08:27 PM

'06 H3 Vibration

Hello everyone, first I must note that I am new to the forum and the Hummer community. I recently purchased a 2006 H3 from a used car dealer. Base package, auto, 65k miles, no accidents, no CEL. I fell in love with it after test driving and noticing how smooth the ride was. I did notice, however, it does have a slight vibration when at a stop...it idles right around 600-700rpm and when I start to drive the vibration is gone...smooth as butter. I've done some research and noticed that the bad head/valve problem is notorious on this model, so I'm a little worried about that. I would appreciate it if anyone could give some insight and give some tips on what to do and to look out for, thanks.

happythree 08-12-2013 10:50 PM

its minor, its normal. the i5 has a slight vibe. I ignored it at first but when I try ! I can feel it

RKSmith163 08-13-2013 07:34 AM

Welcome. I slight vibration on an I5 is normal. If you don't know the vehicles history, do a search on this forum for items such as throttle body cleaning, maf sensor cleaning and fluid changes. I hope you enjoy your new ride.

Bunger 08-13-2013 08:11 AM

I agree, it's normal.
My late build 2007 has always done it.

trome92 08-13-2013 09:55 PM

Thanks everyone! That puts my mind at ease. I'm going to have a full service done at a local Chevy dealer soon and look into cleaning the throttle body and maf sensor also.

Doc Olds 08-14-2013 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by trome92 (Post 300664)
Thanks everyone! That puts my mind at ease. I'm going to have a full service done at a local Chevy dealer soon and look into cleaning the throttle body and maf sensor also.

Full service what? At 65K there isn't really anything to do, except change the oil when the CHG OIL message comes up in the DIC.

happythree 08-14-2013 10:09 AM

"local Chevy dealer ",,,,yikes!!

Bunger 08-14-2013 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by trome92 (Post 300664)
... I'm going to have a full service done at a local Chevy dealer soon ....

The only full service the dealer will do is to empty your wallet for no reason.

The only thing I would do is change the fluids, engine, front and rear difs. & transfer case, because you have no idea when they were changed last. Don't worry about the transmission fluid at this time.

If you cannot change them yourself (it's easy, you would save mucho $$$ and
it's a great way to learn about taking care of your vehicle) then DO NOT have a dealer do it ( $$$$$ ) or a chain lube place (clueless, they will always try to upsell you $$$$).
Take it to a good independant garage.

trome92 08-21-2013 06:53 PM

Sorry for the late reply. I didn't realize I would get Change Oil light on the dash. I just like to take a lot of precautions but I will hold off on that for now. All fluids look good so I'm planning on cleaning the throttle body and maf first. I'm considering installing a Jet Performance Throttle body spacer while I'm already at the task. Suggestions? opinions?

happythree 08-21-2013 07:15 PM

youll find here ppl say its a total waste.
I guess if it did any good the mfgr would just make the tb a little longer huh.
search and find