PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Need nerf bar, recommendations and read about what we can't get

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 03:14 PM
Default Need nerf bar, recommendations and read about what we can't get

I made a call to Go Rhino today to inquire about their newest sidestep product called the "Dominator II". Check it out, it is sweet. http://www.gorhino.com/default.cfm?f...inatoriiseries

I called them because I cannot find the H3 listed as one of the veh models they make the Dominator II. Well, the salesman told me that no, they did not make it for the H3. I asked if they planned to, they said no. He said something about you never know in a few months, but I got the feeling they have absolutely no plans to make it for the H3 anytime soon, I would venture not even a year if ever, but just a guess.

Can anyone recommend a good Nerf bar or running board that might have a similar design to the Dominator? I love the fact that it is more like a skid/rock guard with the two step ups instead of a long bar. Much less likely to get caught on something and get me stuck. I also like that it protects the edge of the frame like it does.

Thanks for any help. Hey, maybe if enough people call them or write them we can get them to make one for the H3.

Thanks again,

Rob

Old 05-14-2007, 03:42 PM
Default RE: Need nerf bar, recommendations and read about what we can't get

I like the hell out of those. Especially the way they tuck up next to the body like rock rails.

I wonder if they could be modified to work without too much trouble or expense.

Hell, just take a pic of them to a fab shop and see what it would cost to have them made.

Old 05-14-2007, 04:05 PM

When I called he guy I asked if, since they didn't make one, they knew someone who did make something similar. I didn't think he would refer me to competition but thought I would ask anyway. He told me that no, no one could because they have a patent on it. I thought about calling back to see which one of the dominator IIs would most closely match fitting the H3 and then having someone take the one I get from them and fab it to fit mine. Not sure I want to do that yet. Still looking at other options.

Old 05-14-2007, 11:13 PM

I believe Fab Four is the company that makes the same exact bar....don't know if they are available for the h3 but they make em for other trucks.

Old 05-15-2007, 03:24 PM

Do you have website for Fab Four? I did a google and didnt find it, to many Beatles hits.

Old 05-15-2007, 03:28 PM

http://www.teakatoys.com/H3_Rock_Rai...p/h2o-rkr3.htm
Comments on this rock rail? Would it also serve as a nerf bar for my vertically challenged wife? Comments in general on it?

Old 05-15-2007, 05:01 PM

answered you in the new thread you made.......we will get to your questions, no need to keep making multiple threads on the same question. no big deal, just cloggs things up.

the website is fabfours.com but they are not the right one...I will think of the company...I have it bookmarked somewhere because I am ordering those same bars for my dodge.

Old 05-15-2007, 06:33 PM

Sorry Importkiller. I thought I posted the question about that item somewhere on a forum (using two hummer forums for help) but I didnt see it so I made a new thread, I should have searched better. I knwo what you mean about clogging forums up, nobody wants that. My bad.