PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCM for Less

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 02:56 PM
Default RE: PCM for Less.. LATEST!

Are there any downsides to the PCMforless programming? It doesn't sound like there are any other than the security thing. Is there a way that I can get one reflashed and keep my original but just make it plug and play? And if so what would the cost be? I checked their website and to me that was confusing. My nearest dealer is about 450 miles from here so I really don't wanna have to go there for anything unless I have to. Thanks.

Old 02-02-2007, 03:11 PM

My recommendation is to call Alvin or Kelly and get the particulars on how this works..

The Security relearn is something you might have to do for the LOANER only...no big deal if you have about 30 mins to wait on the process...My loaner PCM didn't need to do that..it started right up with no problems..I drove around with it for a week till I got my original one back all tuned up...NO DOWN SIDES at all...Believe me, I was very skeptical at first too..but these folks have a complete 100% satisfaction guarantee...Or they refund you 100%..That type of guarantee is unbeatable in this type of service anywhere...Give them a call, you won't be sorry.

Old 02-03-2007, 08:52 PM

Alright....I've been reading/studying this posting and i think I'm going to have to try this PCMforless thing. I'm not going to lie....I'm a little apprehensive, so i'm going to continue to bone up on it a little more beforeI dive in.

Old 02-04-2007, 12:02 AM

Ah quit procrastinating...You won't believe the improvement it makes unless you see for yourself...Now give Kelly a call.

Old 02-05-2007, 02:31 PM

ORIGINAL: jbnjc123

Are there any downsides to the PCMforless programming? It doesn't sound like there are any other than the security thing. Is there a way that I can get one reflashed and keep my original but just make it plug and play? And if so what would the cost be? I checked their website and to me that was confusing. My nearest dealer is about 450 miles from here so I really don't wanna have to go there for anything unless I have to. Thanks.
You might want to read this thread, it sums up our options...

https://www.hummerforums.com/m_21150/tm.htm

Old 02-10-2007, 04:31 PM

Another satisfied PCM for Less customer here. Fixed a bunch of issues with the upgrades I did, and the performance kick is definately noticeable.

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 02-18-2007, 12:58 AM

ORIGINAL: JWSchmidt3

Another satisfied PCM for Less customer here. Fixed a bunch of issues with the upgrades I did, and the performance kick is definately noticeable.

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]
What issues did you have that the PCM fixed? Just curious...I've been thinking about getting one. Do you have to have most of your upgrades (such as tires/rims, engine enhancements, etc...) completed prior to getting the PCM installed?

Old 02-18-2007, 01:05 AM

Not according to what Kelly tells us..they will program the PCM with the understanding that you have a Cat-back and Intake mod (if that's what you plan on doing, otherewise they'll tune it for a stock system)..then when you finally do..the PCM will respond to it ..

Old 02-19-2007, 10:58 PM

ORIGINAL: RutDogg

ORIGINAL: JWSchmidt3

What issues did you have that the PCM fixed? Just curious...I've been thinking about getting one. Do you have to have most of your upgrades (such as tires/rims, engine enhancements, etc...) completed prior to getting the PCM installed?
Speedo and shift points were way out of whack with my 35's. The truck drove like crap, and now it runs right.

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 02-19-2007, 11:04 PM

That's it...I'm getting the darn thing. There's just so much to buy and not enough time and money.

exhaust
tires/rims
a new ipod mount
PCM for less
Embroidered headrests

I just can't keep up.[&:]

Quick Reply: PCM for Less