PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

PCM for Less

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 04:22 AM
Default RE: PCM for Less

Hi PCM Gang,

The PCM I installed was/is supposed to be the core exchange. Therefore, it should be the one programmed for me and is installed to stay. Here is the PayPal invoice:
Item Price: $199.99 USD Total Shipping: $15.00 USD Total Handling: $99.00 USD Total: $313.99 USD
The H3 would start without going through the security relearn. My directions said "most of the time you will need to perform a Security Relearn". It was kind of scary because after install you have a dead truck, but then after the 35 minutes of relearn then you get to see it work.

I sent an email off to Alvin at the same time I posted the questions to you guys, but I haven't got an answer back yet. I let you know when I have something.

Have a fine H3 day.

Old 01-11-2007, 11:07 PM

Oh Okay I see now..I'm doing the loaner bit with Alvin..($319.00)..So I'll be getting back my original PCM all tweeked up. Then when I send back his loaner, Kelly will refund the $99.00 for the returned loaner, they keep like $55.00 for programming the loaner for me to get me by while mine is being programmed..

Old 01-12-2007, 08:21 PM

ORIGINAL: mountainbiker

Okay, I got it in tonight. I only drove about 10 miles from one base to the other, and didn't get it up over 50 m.p.h. It was an easy install, the ignition on, ignition off, the spin around on your toes seemed like it took the most time. Tomorrow I will have a chance to check it out more and check if the limiter is gone. The thing definitely gave it more zip going from a standstill.

Questions:
1. I now have 1053 miles, but now the "check oil" is being displayed. Did you get this after swapping the PCM?
2. I didn't get any other errors or faults such as "check engine". It might run just a hair rough (but smooth as butter compared to my older car). I awesome the CASE relearn should and needs to be done. Did you get a "check engine" light?
How long does it normally take Alvin/Kelly to answer an email?

Old 01-12-2007, 08:53 PM

Call em..that's what I do..

Old 01-13-2007, 02:57 AM

ORIGINAL: mountainbiker

How long does it normally take Alvin/Kelly to answer an email?
Hi,

We are caught up on emails as of this morning. Prehaps spamware is shooting down your emails. feel free to give us a call during buisness hours M-F 9:30-6:30pm

Old 01-13-2007, 06:20 AM

Thanks Alvin for your response. I am in Germany, so calling is a bit less easier than email. My two questions are

Questions:
1. I now have 1053 miles, but now the "check oil" is being displayed. Can this occur after swapping the original PCM for the PCMforLess PCM core, or does my vehicle really think it needs an oil change?
2. I didn't get any other errors or faults such as "check engine". It might be running just a hair rough (but smooth as butter compared to my older car). I assume the CASE relearn should and still needs to be done even without an engine fault light being displayed on the DIC. Is this correct?

Old 01-13-2007, 11:05 PM

Got my loaner PCM today from Alvin n-company(man that was fast)..And installed it in about 7 minutes with removing coolant reservoir...Started right up on first try (didn't need to do a Security Relearn)..All I had to do was, change it from FRENCH to ENGLISH and reset the OILCHANGE reminder...Idles at about 650 RPM and is smooth as silk..Didn't go drive it around as It's too late and the roads are sheer ice...But I'm confident it will run fine..And this is just the loaner..Can't wait till I get mine back all tweeked up to my specs....Thanks Alvin!..I'll be sending you Mine to Program Tuesday, as Monday is MLK's holiday.

Old 01-14-2007, 02:47 PM

Well....It has not stopped sleeting since mid day Friday..6" to 7" on the raods and still coming down...Went driving in it...This Little HUMMER is phenominal...I have not driven a better vehicle in ice and Sleet and snow than this H3..Totally in control, stabileand awesome..Like I was on dry pavement...I just fell in love with it all over again..

Anywhoo..The reason I'm posting is to say the Loaner PCM worked fine..No problems what so ever..Idles silky smooth and responds a little better too..But other than that, it seems slightly better than stock and runs perfect..Cain't wait to see how much more better mine will be once it's been tweeked completely by Alvin..

Funny enough, I just happened to get my last OnStar report today while I was out tooling around...Looks like all systems are with in specs..and didn't show anything different other thanI now have 100% oil life again..

FINAL REPORT -

Engine and/or Transmission System

Diagnostic: Complete. No action needed.

Emissions System

Air Bag System

Antilock Braking System

OnStar System

[IMG]http://www.onstar.com/us_english/images/email_images/ovd/BP13_bottom_di

Old 01-16-2007, 03:53 PM

Can anyone help with these questions regarding my PCM core swap?

1. I have 1053 miles, but after the swap the "check oil" is being displayed. Is this common? Can I just reset?

2. I didn't get any other errors or faults such as "check engine". Does the CASE relearn still need to be done?

* I am in Germany so no OnStar checks for me.
** I have already sent an email to PCMforLess on 1/10 and 1/14.

Old 01-16-2007, 08:16 PM

OIL CHANGE REMINDER reset...Page 5-17 in the Owner's Manual.

Close all the doors while sitting in the seat, turn your key all the way to the ON/Run position (do not start the car)...depress several times the DIC button, until the OIL-RESET is flashing on your DIC display..While that OIL-RESETis on the DIC display,press and hold the DIC button in,until you hear a Beep-Beep-Beep..the timer is now reset.

This happens with new PCM's..

A security relearn in not needed since the car starts up...If it wouldn't of started, then you would have had to do aSecurity Relearn....so, in your case NO!

If you had a "check engine light" on....then you would have to go to the dealer for them to do a CASE RE-LEARN..So once again, In your case NO!

You should be good to go now.

Quick Reply: PCM for Less