PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

My PCM tuning with PCMforLess.com - Process and Results

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: My PCM tuning with PCMforLess.com - Process and Results

OK good. I emailed her this morning to tell her. I forgot to mention it this weekend. It does run a little rough at times, but after it runs for a few minutes it's ok. The Change Oil light was on also but that's easy to fix. Big deal. The automatic headlights don't work anymore though. They are on 24/7 even in bright sunlight. That's also not a big deal. Unfortunately this is a holidy so I probably won't get mine back until next week because of the shipping process. Oh well. As long as I have a drivable vehicle I'm fine.

Old 10-09-2006, 05:00 PM

Does anyone here have a recal box yet or is this the first..

Old 10-09-2006, 05:05 PM
Super Moderator

Yes, but I don't know who. Kelly said one person from the forum already got his back and said he was happy with the performance boost, but she doesn't know his name on here, just that he is from the forum. I would like to hear from him/her about the results. I will probably have mine back early next week, and you can be assured I will post the results that day. Just keep in mind mine is getting tuned for 93 octane so it may be a little different then the standard tune, but probalby not by much.

Old 10-10-2006, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

Well, I shipped my PCM to them early this morning via Priority Mail, insured and delivery confirmed. The woman that took care of me barely put all the stickers on there, and covered up the end of the zip code somewhat with another sticker, that will probably fall off because of her kinda tapping it on there with a as much force as a feather falling to the ground from an airplane! I hope it gets there OK. []

Old 10-10-2006, 02:47 PM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

OK good. I emailed her this morning to tell her. I forgot to mention it this weekend. It does run a little rough at times, but after it runs for a few minutes it's ok. The Change Oil light was on also but that's easy to fix. Big deal. The automatic headlights don't work anymore though. They are on 24/7 even in bright sunlight. That's also not a big deal. Unfortunately this is a holidy so I probably won't get mine back until next week because of the shipping process. Oh well. As long as I have a drivable vehicle I'm fine.
I don't think your auto headlights are on 24/7 like you think. I think the loaner pcm you have is using your headlights as your drls, like newer model 06's have. I know my headlights are my DRLS, sounds like what you have now as well.

Old 10-10-2006, 02:50 PM
Super Moderator

Ah ok. That makes more sense. I kinda figured that but wasn't sure. I should have remembered that whole discussion we had on here about that.

Old 10-12-2006, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

Alvin called me this morning to ask me a couple of things about my preferences. He is a very nice and friendly guy. It's nice to have that personalized attention to detail. I was impressed

He's also shipping it back to me today. It's already been picked up. MAYBE it will be here by the weekend, but I doubt it. If I get it Saturday, I probably wont be around to post the results until Sunday, because I have my #@$#@ sister in law B-day thing to go to (no I don't like her very much) [:@]

Old 10-12-2006, 05:42 PM

Umm..your sister-in-law just emailed me and wants me to ban you, cuz she just read your post....Decisions, decisions

Old 10-12-2006, 05:51 PM
Super Moderator

She's not smart enough to to figure out how to email you, so right there I know you are lieing

And she has her own tax office. I'll just end it at that

Old 10-12-2006, 08:29 PM
Super Moderator

Here are pictures of the piece of the clip that broke off inside one of the three PCM wire harness plugs:

Quick Reply: My PCM tuning with PCMforLess.com - Process and Results