PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

wife..... off-roading..... paranoid.... only car......... break stuff........... DOH!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator
Default wife..... off-roading..... paranoid.... only car......... break stuff........... DOH!

When we bought this H3, it was agreed we were buying it because we wanted to start off-roading. Plain and simple, right? Every time I bring up off-roading, she starts into this thing about "oh what if something breaks, it's our only car" blah blah blah. Her family are all self-proclaimed car "experts" whom some say "there is no such thing as a 5 cylinder engine" so, that being said, you can only imagine what kind of myths she is filled with, such as "we shouldn't run the AC so much because it will drain the battery", "you have to let the car warm up for 5 to 10 minutes before you drive it (in ANY weather)" , etc. I tried to explain to her that with Old cars, this stuff may be true in certain situations, but newer cars do not suffer from this unless you do extensive customizations and so forth. Anyway, she keeps sayings he wants to go, and then always says no and uses the reason to be either "it's too far" or "I don't want to break something" in which case I say "I'm driving so you can sleep" or "It's under warranty and we have AAA to tow us to the dealer if we break something." We don't even do crazy stuff. I feel like I wasted my money buying the H3 because we never use it for anything we intended on using it for. I can't WAIT to get a second car next year, DOH! I just had to share. I keep telling her she would love it but I think her fear of something breaking overpowers her excitement of going, so it's going to be a fight. I told her, we have one of the most durable ruggid vehicles you can buy for off-roading and she needs to stop worrying, but all these years of myths and crazy talk she has known make her believe every car is like a Jenga game, waiting to fall apart [:@]

I just hope once she goes in the next few weeks she will see it's ok. We might go this Sunday to a local place just so she gets a feel for it. I have a feeling once she goes, she will see that nothing is going to happen.

Old 07-11-2007, 02:19 PM
Default RE: wife..... off-roading..... paranoid.... only car......... break stuff........... DOH!

Mike ... Just hold off and take her with you when we go on the 4th. There will be several trucks there, you, Mike, me, and if anyone else shows up. If nothing else she will see we make things a team effort, help each other when necessary, and that the trucks actually do hold up to the abuse we put them through. Les was aprehensive at first herself, and she got a little more that way when I came home dented and broken from that Haspin trip ... but the bottom line here .. she won't know until she gives it a crack .. so she is going to .. if it becomes something she hates then she has tried it, hated it, and will stay home the next time. And like you said, at least you have warranty, I didn't when we went to Badlands last time ... I figured fukk it, if it breaks it breaks, there ain't nothing I can do about it on the trail ... and quite frankly, I have no problems paying for the repair should I need it, it sort of comes with it and things will break eventually ... it's just the nature of wheelin ...

Old 07-11-2007, 02:20 PM
Default RE: wife..... off-roading..... paranoid.... only car......... break stuff........... DOH!

Dude grow a set a *****... go wheeling..

Old 07-11-2007, 02:39 PM

ORIGINAL: Mr_Pat

Why?? Doyou need a loaner set?

Old 07-11-2007, 02:50 PM

ORIGINAL: ZYNE

ORIGINAL: Mr_Pat

Why?? Doyou need a loaner set?
Not me bro, I go wheeling a lot. All over The Rockies and MOAB.

Old 07-11-2007, 02:52 PM

Good for you ... now grow yourself a set of ***** and go skydiving!

Old 07-11-2007, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator

I do dude. I never said I was afraid to [>:] Hell I'm the one that put our next trip together, plus the last one. I think you missed my point [sm=chairshot.gif]

Old 07-11-2007, 03:12 PM

Hence why crap was given promptly! LOL!

Old 07-11-2007, 05:25 PM

I bet once you take her she'll change her mind. I love watching the videos and seeing where all you guys go.
A dirty Hummer is a beautiful Hummer... LOL

Jenn

Old 07-11-2007, 06:13 PM
Super Moderator

Mine wants to go more than I do.... the is a gift my friends....

Quick Reply: wife..... off-roading..... paranoid.... only car......... break stuff........... DOH!