PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WAY OFF-TOPIC.........

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator
Default WAY OFF-TOPIC.........

As you guys and gals may or may not have already figured out, I'm a writer, although not professionally (yet) but I am and have been encouraged since high school to make it a career from numourous teachers and what not. Anyway, I've been SLOWLY working on a book for the last 6 months. I need a couple of trustworthy fans of sci-fi to be suckers, er, uh, I mean Guinnea Pigs for the story as I write it, just to let me know if it's worth doing. So, if anybody is interested PM me. There's only a few people on here I know well and trust, but not everybody is into sci-fi. It's not a Star Trek Star Ways kinda thing. I'm only about 7 or 8 pages into it, but the beginning is what keeps you reading.

Since many of you I consider my friends on here (moreso then most in the REAL world ) I figured I'd see if anybody (Jean and Dennis come to mind since they have nothing left to live for anyway ) ok, jdrew, ZYNE, HummerMike, ImportKiller, Mark, Chris, Blah blah blah. OK You guys know who you are (and gals).

You get the point. Just let me know before I post 500 other posts.

Damn I'm a bad moderator

Old 06-04-2007, 04:34 PM
Default RE: WAY OFF-TOPIC.........

Even though I'm not on your listme and the wife are HUGE SCI/FI GEEKS. Plus her major in University was English, so we'd help ya out!!!

Old 06-04-2007, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: HummBob

Even though I'm not on your list me and the wife are HUGE SCI/FI GEEKS. Plus her major in University was English, so we'd help ya out!!!
Hey big guy, turn that frown upside down, I mean look who's in my friggin signature (insert smiley here since this damn cell phone can't do it). that's perfect. I gave up the race car stuff to persue what I have talents for, writing and composing (yes, real orchestral music Dennis, not Casio stuff) Thanks. ill send you what I have later, and you can tell me if it makes you want to read more. if I work nostop on this I cam probably have it done in a couple of months.

Old 06-04-2007, 05:27 PM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

Since many of you I consider my friends on here (moreso then most in the REAL world ) I figured I'd see if anybody (Jean and Dennis come to mind since they have nothing left to live for anyway )
Bowhahahahahaha...One of these days.......To the Moon Alice...to the moon..

Old 06-04-2007, 05:36 PM

I'm not a Sci-Fi freak (except for Farscape). But I know my way around a space ship if you need a hand.

Old 06-04-2007, 05:50 PM
Super Moderator

dik....

Old 06-04-2007, 06:50 PM

Wow..I think its awesome you are writing a book..slow or fast..I'm sure it will be great, once it is finished..not sure if I can help you out, but sure would like to read it once you are done...keep us informed.

Old 06-04-2007, 09:59 PM
JM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

Since many of you I consider my friends on here (moreso then most in the REAL world ) I figured I'd see if anybody (Jean and Dennis come to mind since they have nothing left to live for anyway )
Bowhahahahahaha...One of these days.......To the Moon Alice...to the moon..
I would have helped you with pleasure but since I lost my bi focal reading glasses, back in '82, I am unable to read.

Old 06-04-2007, 10:00 PM

Name:  cryingwlaughter.gif
Views: 35
Size:  8.0 KB

Thats good stuff JM

Old 06-05-2007, 07:41 AM
Super Moderator

Hey JM, maybe that's why you crashed your H3 at the autobahn and got injured, oh wait, I mean fell off your horse I forgot that was the excuse we were using. It's ok Jean, I haven't told them yet

Thanks for your support. I have a really small tiny laptop I'm going to be taking with me on the train every day so I should get a good two hours a day of writing time of I go full force with it (if I can actually stay awake). I think about where I want the story to go a bit at a time. I'm trying to put a little bit of everything into it, some suspense, some action, some LOOOVVEE (yeah I have to sorry). Sorry Dennis, no dirty stuff for you

Quick Reply: WAY OFF-TOPIC.........