PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VW plans to sell China-built car in North America

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 02:21 PM
Default RE: VW plans to sell China-built car in North America

importkiller, i agree with you on trucks over import trucks, that's why i own both a chevy tahoe and hummer... as far as cars go i would have to give myvote to imports, don't get me wrong i don't dislike american cars i just think they are bad on gas..

Old 07-25-2007, 02:25 PM

if I was worried about gas mileage I would drive a moped

Old 07-25-2007, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator

Hey Mike, you aren't far off with the soap box thing. Guess what the wife wants as her car? Yup, that's right, a Smart Car. She's wanted one of those for years and now that they are officially coming out here in the states next year, she'll probably be getting one. The new safety designs are kinda cool. Unfortunately, if you get rear ended, the engine is designed to drop to the ground to allow for a crumple zone. Shehas wanted a RAM for a long time, so yea, I'm trying to talk her out of it. I'd rather buy her a RAM then that death trap. There is a dealer not too far from us that is now officially selling the imported version of the Smart Car in the US. It's a new dealership. She wants to go "test drive" one. I told her I can put her in a wagon and pull her with my roller blades for the same effect!

I'd rather drop 10k into a used RAM then into a new soap box.

Old 07-25-2007, 02:31 PM

my trucks is a smart truck as long as my wife don't drive

Old 07-25-2007, 02:31 PM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

if I was worried about gas mileage I would drive a moped
touche!!![sm=pcwhack.gif]

Old 08-07-2007, 02:54 AM

I agree with HummerGuy on this. I try not to buy from countries that have missiles aimed at me. Besides they can not even build tires that don't fall apartso what will the car drive like?[/align]I buy the only thing in Walmart that is made in the USA- ammo.[/align]

Old 08-07-2007, 08:07 AM

Yay, one more thing to run over

Old 08-07-2007, 03:57 PM

ORIGINAL: skeeet

I buy the only thing in Walmart that is made in the USA- ammo.[/align]
You mean Wal Mart has American made stuff

Old 08-08-2007, 01:16 AM
Jmm

me thinks hummerguy has built himself a soapbox this past weekend.

I just don't agree with the whole imports are great made cars that are more dependable than Domestics....BULLCHIT!!!!! I had over 200,000 on my 97 dodge ram 3500 dually v10 6x6...all with a 4" lift and 35" mudders. Many of those miles pulling boats/cars, going through mud and snow....and NEVER HAD A BREAKDOWN!!! Tell ya what....take a import truck and putit through this kind of abuse and tell me if it lasts that long with zero problems....highly unlikely. My Jeep has over 150,000 miles, has run with zero oil 3 times now and never so much as scored a cylinder...I beat the abolute crap out of my grand cherokee as it's now basically my beater truck and it has NEVER BROKEN DOWN. Granted I am a retired mechanic so I know how to properly maintain my cars/trucks but trust me a poperly maintained car from detroit will run as good as long as anything that comes from overseas.

mike....you can have your soap-box back now
And what about the BOXSTER you drove once...[8D].

Mike, Having the technical knowledge that you have you should know better than argue about the technology differences in between American built and European built cars....

Can you compare a CORVETTE or a VIPER and a Porche turbo, a Ferrari Fiorano or a BMW M5....no, no way.

Having said that, supporting your own economy its a personal decision no one can argue about. But it's a personal choice and certainly not a technical one.

Old 08-08-2007, 07:44 AM

why???? how about because as an American it would be nice if you supported American workers and their families? How about supporting the American economy? How about doing your part as an American to not bolster the economy of a foriegn nation?
Here, here.[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Quick Reply: VW plans to sell China-built car in North America