PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

VW plans to sell China-built car in North America

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 09:30 AM
Super Moderator
Default VW plans to sell China-built car in North America

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl...8/newsletter01

Old 07-24-2007, 09:46 AM
Default RE: VW plans to sell China-built car in North America

Here is another CHINESE/US effort..this time in good ole Oklahoma..

http://www.industryweek.com/ReadArti...rticleID=12305

Old 07-24-2007, 09:56 AM
Super Moderator

I'll tell you, after all the crap going on over there with them blocking people's free use of the internet, filtering pictures and emails and turning everybody into opinionless drones, I will never buy another import as long as I live. My wife and I are both agreed on this. I refuse to support Communism. I know most products these days seem to be made over there but most of the time you don't have a choice if they are ONLY made over there. With cars, everybody has a choice. VW will also crossed off my list if they go forward with this. Considering the H3 is my 12th car in my lifetime and I'm only 31, I'm sure I'll have many more. None of them will be Chinese imports from now on.

With the service I have been getting lately from the GM dealers, I have learned not to mind taking it in. At first, I was growing weary, but they have been taking great care of me, always set me up with a loaner and have for the most part fixed it right the first time. I'm getting sick of their BS and hope one day those people revolt. They are getting tired of it and it's only a matter of time before that country goes to hell. There is a reason why their government officials always get into cat fights.

Old 07-25-2007, 12:14 PM

i'm not trying to argue i just think it's funny how there's always this big dispute between imports and domestics??? i go to honda forums and it'sdomestic bashing... i own both import and domestic and am happy with both...so my opinion isn't biased...it's an automobile/transportation... i base my opinions on how well a car is designed and it's capabilities based on my needs. i.e. hummer for the snow,z71 night driving, cbr bikefor work, integra for daily driver (gas saver), crx for track use... all i'm saying is why limit urself and put yourself in a box or category??

Old 07-25-2007, 12:23 PM

why???? how about because as an American it would be nice if you supported American workers and their families? How about supporting the American economy? How about doing your part as an American to not bolster the economy of a foriegn nation?

Old 07-25-2007, 12:38 PM

As you can see from my sig..that I'm pretty much down the middle too...In fact this HUMMER is the first AMERICAN made car I've owned since the 1972 Gremlin X, I had in Highschool...By that testimony alone, it means AMERICAN made, means something good for a change in my book.

The issue with China is not that they are a foreign car maker, it's that everything they make, i.e., Baby and children toys, Dog Food, Cat Food, Human food..is toxic or poisonous..Not to mention all the sweat shops that make the shoes and socks on your feet...least we forget about, that we are supporting a communistic country with buying theses cheap dangerous products from them.

Old 07-25-2007, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: CRXMA22

i'm not trying to argue i just think it's funny how there's always this big dispute between imports and domestics??? i go to honda forums and it'sdomestic bashing... i own both import and domestic and am happy with both...so my opinion isn't biased...it's an automobile/transportation... i base my opinions on how well a car is designed and it's capabilities based on my needs. i.e. hummer for the snow,z71 night driving, cbr bikefor work, integra for daily driver (gas saver), crx for track use... all i'm saying is why limit urself and put yourself in a box or category??
CRX: I USED to be non-biased. I have owned imports and American cars (obviously). Hell, the first two cars I owned were a Nissan Sentra and a Suzuki GTi.

I can be labelled as a hypocrit, because when I first joined this forum, I argued that I would only buy American cars after they started getting more reliable and less expensive as the imports. Over the past 9 months or so, the world has changed a bit.I should have re-stated when I said I wouldn't buy imports. I meant, I will not buy a car made in China, and would be very hesitant to buy one made in any other country.

The biggest factor that changed my mind is basically what Mike (importkiller) is saying. You can call it being more patriotic and so on, which is part of it, but more so, I feelI should support my own country instead of giving money to people who have no human rights morals at all, and other's who don't deserve it.

The reality is every single person who believes in "Buying American" can be labelled a hypocrit, because we all need gasoline for our cars, and where does that come from? It comes from oil from the middle-east. In some form, we are supporting terrorism and making the rich richer and the poor poorer, every single one of us that drives a car in general. It's a fact of life. You can't control where your oil comes from that you put into your vehicle. You can't choose which country gets your gas money. AT LEAST you are given the choice of what company or who gets your money that you pay for your vehicle.

After realizing all of this, I said to myself, it's bad enough that it's most probable SOME of our money is falling into the hands of the wrong people overseas that I spend on gas, but at least I can control what money goes back into my own country's economy.

My sister is over there working her *** off to protect the oil rigs in the middle of the ocean from daily terrorist attacks. Does that make me biased? Hell yes it does, and I'll admit it. Do I wish American cars were better engineered? Of course I do. But, the older I get, the more aware I become that even though I may not directly have control of where my money goes, I indirectly do.

The fact is this country is way too dependant these days on other countries where-as there was a time in the early 1900's where we weren't. Now we have to carry the entire world in some way, shape or form because many of them can't manage themselves these days.

Nobody is denying imports are good cars. In fact, they are great cars, but there are some of us that care more about where OUR hard-earned money goes then what we get from it. If it goes to paying off some CEO's mansion, well, that money goes to an American company that built that mansion, or built that boat, or pays for their maids and their landscapers. When I buy a Nissan or a Toyota, ultimately, that money goes back to it's origins for those companies to figure out even better ways to stop us from buying American cars (meaning R&D). I guess the more I learn, the more I realize that even though it may not make sense for us American car fanatics to stick to

Old 07-25-2007, 12:50 PM

Your boss really thinks you're working your *** off at your desk don't he/she?...With all that typing....

Old 07-25-2007, 01:01 PM
Super Moderator

I'm the boss today, so yes, I do think I'm working my *** off, thank you very much

Old 07-25-2007, 02:13 PM

me thinks hummerguy has built himself a soapbox this past weekend.

I just don't agree with the whole imports are great made cars that are more dependable than Domestics....BULLCHIT!!!!! I had over 200,000 on my 97 dodge ram 3500 dually v10 6x6...all with a 4" lift and 35" mudders. Many of those miles pulling boats/cars, going through mud and snow....and NEVER HAD A BREAKDOWN!!! Tell ya what....take a import truck and putit through this kind of abuse and tell me if it lasts that long with zero problems....highly unlikely. My Jeep has over 150,000 miles, has run with zero oil 3 times now and never so much as scored a cylinder...I beat the abolute crap out of my grand cherokee as it's now basically my beater truck and it has NEVER BROKEN DOWN. Granted I am a retired mechanic so I know how to properly maintain my cars/trucks but trust me a poperly maintained car from detroit will run as good as long as anything that comes from overseas.

mike....you can have your soap-box back now

Quick Reply: VW plans to sell China-built car in North America