PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

New NHRA Game Review

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator
Old 08-08-2007, 01:38 PM
Administrator
Default RE: New NHRA Game Review

i bought it the day that you told me about it...[8D]

Old 08-08-2007, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator

Well, how is it?

The new Need for Speed game will be out in October. THAT one looks awesome.

Old 08-08-2007, 03:44 PM
Administrator

im pretty pleased with it...they could be a little more precise with things, but for most people, drag racing is nothing more than cars going in a straight line, so i would imagine that the game developers know next to nothing about racing, and most racers know next to nothing about video games...it is very similar to the last NHRA game, just with newer cars, and cleaner graphics..

Old 08-08-2007, 03:59 PM
Super Moderator

Ron Capps helped with the development of the game. I talked to his travelling show car crew for a long time when they were in town. They would send him the game and he would test it, give them his feedback, and then they would tweak it, and send the updated Betas to him, so they had some good help with it.

Old 08-08-2007, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

Need for Speed: ProStreet:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/805/805942p1.html

PS3 and 360. This game looks hot. I love how they encorporated the old muscle cars into the game like they did with Gran Turismo. This one will be on my list.

I'm still trying to find time to get back into Test Drive Unlimited. I bought the damn game and have played it all of 45 minutes, and that's just driving from one side of Oahu to the other. The game came out not too long after we spent a week in Oahu, so I know most of the roads on that island, and they were ALL in the game.

Old 08-08-2007, 04:45 PM
Super Moderator

Here's a pic from NFS: ProStreet. This reminds me of the desert tracks from NFS III: Hot Persuit

Old 08-09-2007, 09:27 AM
Administrator

i have the new test drive for PSP...i rented it for PS3 (actually PS2) and it was the exact same game, so i didnt bother buying it. it does get to be a bit much with driving back and forth across the island.

i think that ive had every need for speed game..and this one does look solid. i was not all that happy with "Carbon", as it took me about a day to beat. the previous 'most wanted' was much much better, and the underground games were also better. im hoping that pro street has a little more to it.

the nhra game is pretty good as they go, and the developers did their best to make it easy to just sit down and play it. i would really like a more intricate drag racing game where I would get to design my engine and such (similar to the first IHRA game) but i would probably be the only person who wants that, as with the first game, if you didnt build your own engine, the cars were brutally slow, and if you build the engine and dont know what youre doing, the engine blows up as soon as you touch the throttle. also, if you dont set the chassis up correctly, the cars would do huge wheelstands and head for the rail, often flipping over. but for this game the graphics are much better than the last one, and they nailed things like the nitro vapors coming around the side of the car...although i still havent had any problem winning...maybe there is a setting that im missing to make the game more difficult, but with very minor tuning, im a few tenths faster than the rest of the field.

Old 08-09-2007, 09:49 AM
Super Moderator

Carbon was dissappointing. It was kinda like Underground, except more mainstream. Underground 2 was like an add-on to part one for me. I am still partial to High Stakes and Hot Persuit 2. Those were the classics to me. I had the force feedback Thrustmaster system on my PC back when High Stakes and Hot Persuit were hot. That was awesome. I learned alot of my Camaro tricks in the real world from that game believe it or not. I couldn't keep my friends out of my house. That was to this day the best simulated driving experience I have had. I'm hoping the new XB 360 force feedback wheel and pedals are good.

There is a set out there for the 360 (I think Logitech makes it) that has a entire 2 1/2 turns of the wheel in each direction. That I'm still trying to get my hands on!

I think ProStreet is going more towards the route of Gran Turismo, and that may push some NFS fans away if it becomes too Simulated. That's what happened to Project Gotham Racing. I had the first 2, but they started getting too simulated for a street racing game. I personally like what ProStreet is about and will probably buy that one with the wheel.

Have you played DIRT yet? I played the demo, and it seems like the same thing I've seen the past 5 years with rally racing games. The graphics are better, but the innovation seems to be non-existant. It's just alot of the same to me, but maybe I'm wrong.

Old 08-09-2007, 11:51 AM
Administrator

i cant find DIRT for rent anywhere for PS3...and i dont like to buy a 60 dollar game before trying it out. it looks interesting...

ive never been a fan of the driving wheels/pedals. i have one for PS2 that i never use...

i recently found hot pursuit 2 for 9 bucks, so i bought it...and played through it...for an old game, its still a good one.

Quick Reply: New NHRA Game Review