PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

UT area groups?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 10:49 AM
Default UT area groups?

Just picked up an H3 yesterday, wondering if there are any H3 or general Hummer groups in the Ogden/SLC area that get together for trail rides and such.

Old 11-07-2010, 10:57 PM

Nope, not that I'm aware of---but glad to have you on board!
I'm in Layton and have been in contact with RuggedH2 out of Bountiful and DesertH3 out of Sunset. I've also met another 2 owner in Salt Lake who works at the base; but I've never run with any of them! Seems our schedules are all kinda jacked up.
Good to hear you picked up a 3 and are actually willing to wheel it. I started out with an 06 H3 Adventure several years ago and just recently traded it for my 2.
If it weren't for this storm coming in tomorrow thru the week I'd say let's go run the trucks out this weekend. But I really hate running in the snow, especially on the factory tires--they suck for traction.
We usually run up at the Big B in Bountiful, that's exactly where the trail starts. We've got a couple other trails around that area that we've run also.
I'll be headed out to MOAB to run with another HUMMER group in April if you can plan for that. It's the week of the 10-17th.
Anyway, good to have you on board, we'll have to meet up very soon and get your torsion bars cranked and install this little dash tray that I have left from my 3.

Old 11-08-2010, 10:16 AM

Sounds like a plan. To be honest, I've only been here 5 years and I'm somewhat in a rut when it comes to offroad stuff. Been to a few areas when I first moved here, but after learning about Tibble Creek that's the only place I ever go anymore. I've heard of the Bountiful B, been up behind Farmington a couple times (more of a scenic drive than actual wheeling), and I've heard Little Moab mentioned several times... It will be nice to get out and explore new areas.

Never been to MOAB but I really want to. Unfortunately it seems every summer I get stuck working a big project at work - I never seem to be able to get time off during the summer, and I'm already booked up from March through May or June.

I don't think I could make it this weekend anyway. I wanted to, but we have a rental house and just found out the renters packed up most of their stuff and moved to Michigan. Scrambling to get people in to fix the landscaping that their dogs tore up, get a crew in to paint, need to get the placed cleaned and de-fly'd. Probably going to be stuck tearing out all the carpet (Clearly they smoked in the house even though it was against the lease agreement), etc.. Sorry - start to rant there for a second.. I suspect I'll be working on my rental house this coming weekend instead of playing in the H3 like I hoped.

What's that about a dash tray? I don't think I've heard reference to anything like that.

Anyone want to buy a house in Riverdale?

Old 11-09-2010, 12:00 AM

Wow, sucks to hear about the rental. We've got a house in Florida that we had to rent and it was pretty scary wondering who we'd end up with. Turns out those people take way better care of the house than we did!
Good luck getting that mess cleaned up--sucks they had to smoke in it, that freakin' drives me nuts!
Yeah, there's a little dash cubby thing that sits in the center where the plastic plug is, just remove the plug and it clips into place. Made by Daystar, its super clean, looks like it came from the factory. Your 3 probably has a little bit of a cubby in front of the shifter, but the 06's did not and this is an awesome solution for coins and other clutter.
Anyway, we'll meet up and run the trucks out sometime in the future.
If you need a realtor to sell that house, my wife is licensed and can move some property!

Old 11-09-2010, 10:17 AM

Already have a realtor, good friend's sister. Actually, sister of my wife's good friend. I have no allegiance, if she can't make good headway and doesn't seem to be working hard enough I have no problems switching. We are probably going to offer it both for sale and as a lease to own. We offered lease to own to the previous renters and while they wanted to, there was no possible way they could ever get approved. Bad credit that went downhill after moving in. Not to worry, if they don't pay up what they owe their credit will get worse, along with a nice little small claims court case and (another) collections agency after them. Fawkers.. Nice timing, holidays coming up and we are headed to Hawaii on Dec 4. Sorry - ranting again.

Old 11-12-2010, 08:03 PM

Hey guys, I just gave Jack a call and him and his wife and their new H3 are coming out to "Little Moab" just southwest of Salt Lake tomorrow morning.
I know it's kinda late now, but if anybody else in the area wants to come out, we'll be leaving Layton around 8 and should be in the wheeling area around 10ish I'd think.
Drop me a PM if you want to catch up, I'll check on here in the AM before we go.
As of now it's a bit of a mix--we've got the H3, my H2, a Raptor, a Samari and maybe a Rubicon; none-the-less, it'll be fun!

Old 11-13-2010, 11:56 PM

Great fun was had by all. Too bad no other UT Hummers could join, just twinmill28 and I plus a couple non-Hummers, maybe next time? I'll try to get some pics posted later, maybe a vid to an airborne Ford Raptor.

After one week of ownership and one day of wheeling, I must say I'm thrilled with my H3 as well as impressed by what it could do with so little effort. Couple times I forgot I had unlocked the rear diff - pretty big and noticeable difference - I'm REALLY glad I held out for one. I have also been convinced my stock tires are crap, not enough bite. Couple backups for a slightly different line and I was good (didn't air down, but thought about it). I was also suitably impressed with the H2, as big and heavy as it is, it climbed the steepest loose-rock trails like a tank.

Old 11-14-2010, 07:03 PM

Jack is right---fun time had by all!
Here is a couple pics that I took. I've gotten really bad with taking pictures on trail runs much anymore. My wife keeps moving my wheeling camera and I'm losing the will to try and find it. These were taken on my phone.
Hey Jack, Rich and I are dying to see the "Flying Raptor" video! I was able to get the second jump downloaded off my phone, but the money video is on your wife's phone.
Kids, Fox racing shocks are USELESS when you go "Dukes of Hazard" and land on your front bumper/skid plate! That vid is priceless, we were almost on the ground laughing so hard when it came down. Less than 6000 miles on the odometer and I thought he was close to writing it off. But true to it's roots, that damn Ford took the beating.
I definately looking forward to another trip out to Little MOAB as we totally forgot to explore the near-by caves, including Nutty-Putty, which was sealed off last year after an explorer died in it and could not be recovered. The rescuers left his body in place and closed the cave permanently.

Attached Thumbnails UT area groups?-h3-climbing.jpg   UT area groups?-raptor-h2-h3.jpg   UT area groups?-sami-h3.jpg   UT area groups?-stylin-little-moab.jpg   UT area groups?-h2-raptor.jpg  

Old 11-15-2010, 09:10 AM

I forwarded the video she took to you and Rich this morning. Unfortunately the quality isn't that great, it was FAR more impressive and entertaining than the video makes it appear to be. Also sent you a video of you backing down from the that last big rocky area - the one I wasn't about to try without sliders... Let me know if you get it, I sent it from my new phone. Much like the video of the flying raptor I took then managed to not save, I'm not sure if I did it right.

Here is another pic I took - the other area I skipped due to no sliders and seeing you guys using yours.

Attached Thumbnails UT area groups?-2010-11-13110234_med.jpg  
Old 11-15-2010, 09:16 AM

Let see if I can get this to work. The video of the Raptor. Yes, that's me in the bottom of the video recording a much higher quality vid, then pressing the wrong button and not saving it (new phone). You can skip to around 45 seconds in...

Last edited by skeptic; 11-15-2010 at 09:19 AM.

Quick Reply: UT area groups?