PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems with the site for users...

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 06:25 PM
Administrator
Default Problems with the site for users...

Have any of you noticed regular members who have not been around or who have told you that they have not been able to log in over the last 18 hours or so? If so, I bet they have comcast digital cable.

It seems that the good people at comcast have decided to block the servers that provide for this site. Thats right, comcast is decidingwhat sitestheir users can and cant view. The reason for this is due to the high number of emails that get sent out (PM notifications, subscription emails, etc) and they consider it a spam site.

The only thing that can be done right now is for comcast users to call the comcast office and demand that the company stops censoring sites...if you dont have comcast, but have a relative that does, have them call and demand that they are allowed their internet freedom. Otherwise, this becomes one company setting precedent, and once one company gets away with it...the sky is the limit before we cant access the sites that we all love.

Any questions, feel free to PM me. I have found a way around this ban (i was unable to get onto ANY of the forums since late last night) by using an AOL browser, but this is ridiculous.

Old 02-13-2007, 02:50 PM
Default RE: Problems with the site for users...

I have comcast digital high speed internet and I have no problem signing on...now the speed of the site and having to reload every page three times becuase it keeps stalling is another thing. If comcast blocks me from this site it will be time to switch to verizon fiber optic internet...or break out the ole Commador 64 and plug'er into the phone jack

Old 02-13-2007, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator

I have Comcast and have no problem accessing the forum also. I'm in outlying Chicago. We have to find the TOS aggreement for Comcast and see if it specifically states they have the right to block any or all sites if they deem necessary. If that is not in the TOS, then it is most likely a violation of the service contract in which case they would either have to open the domains back up or face legal action, none of which realistically would probably happen. When you use AOL, it usually funnels the internet traffic through the VPN it creates through it's servers using their browser. That's complete BS. If I have time I'll try to find out more, but I have a feeling they have the right to do whatever they want and unless someone files a class-action lawsuit, there won't be anything going on.

Old 02-21-2007, 05:53 PM

Oh there is plenty you can do, one thing is, cancell your service--(that is of course AFTER you start a new one--)

Old 11-12-2007, 06:45 PM

sometimes the page take 2 or 3 min to load im using verizon dsl

Old 11-12-2007, 07:50 PM
Super Moderator

I have WOW at home, comcast at work[:@], but both worked today. WOW is better!!!!

Old 11-13-2007, 03:17 AM

ORIGINAL: MRDM1

sometimes the page take 2 or 3 min to load
Ditto!!![:@]

Small price to pay though!!

Old 01-07-2008, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator

Fortunately ( I think ) I am on ***. I negotiate with mainly ***, Time Warner and Quest for our developments. Usually these guys have wide latitude in how they manage their systems. Calls to the awarding agency in your area ( PUC, city, etc ) might get a quicker, more responsive reaction.

Old 01-07-2008, 12:12 PM

I have ALWAYS had problem with getting this web site to load fast on my computer, it take about 1 minute per web page, BUT I am on a DoD network and I think hummerforums.com is using an ad program or some other program running in the backround that is on our block list.... Its kind of a pain so I dont come here that much....

Old 01-07-2008, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

The issue came and went appx2.5 months ago. Play with your viewing preference settings and see which you like the best, some load faster than others.

Quick Reply: Problems with the site for users...