PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

News: GM Cut Backs

Old 11-21-2005, 09:44 PM
Default News: GM Cut Backs

I'm sure you all heard about GM. Major cut backs ahead. I hioe it works out for them . I think its a great move. They need to remove some of the pork and trim the fat. Hopefully well see over time a lean, mean fighting GM!

Old 11-21-2005, 09:48 PM
Default RE: News: GM Cut Backs

Just wanted to also say that I do feel for the employees that are going to lose thier jobs. Its not good for the US economy. But I also believe that we are deffinetly heading into a new era. Businesses need to lean and profitable, there is no other way. Everything it takes to run a busniess is very expensive.
We do need to stop taking IN so much trade. we need to ship out more. Theres lots to be fixed over time!

Old 11-21-2005, 10:04 PM

I think we all need to buy "American". All those Japanese car companies, even though they are manufacturing in the U.S., they are still Japanese. also a lot of the problem stems from the fat million dollar paychecks the CEOs get. just my two cent's worth.

Old 11-21-2005, 10:05 PM

i could start on the whole union thing being the brick around the neck of GM, but that's a touchy subject here. i'm sure they served a purpose at one time, and still do in some cases.

Old 11-22-2005, 12:16 AM

ORIGINAL: shortbus

i could start on the whole union thing being the brick around the neck of GM, but that's a touchy subject here. i'm sure they served a purpose at one time, and still do in some cases.
I agree Shortbus, I didnt want to get into that either.

Old 11-22-2005, 12:27 AM

If you all noticed, I didn't mentioned the "u" word either ( on purpose )

Old 12-03-2005, 06:16 PM

WHY IS EVERYONE AFRAID OF THE GM UNIONS, GM NEEDS TO LET THEM STRIKE, WHEN IT DECLARES BANKRUPTCY, IT CAN DECLARE THEIR CONTRACT NULL AND VOID, AND START FROM SCRATCH WITH PEOPLE LIKE ME THAT WOULD TAKE THE JOB IN A SECOND FOR $12 OR $13 AN HOUR. I KNOW ALOT MORE PEOPLE THAT THINK LIKE I DO. IN NO TIME AT ALL THE COMPANY CAN BE UP AND RUNNING AGAIN, CLEAR OF DEBTS.

AND THOSE BUMBLING IDIOTS THAT ARE MAKING $32 AN HOUR, CAN GO TAKE A JOB WITH HONDA MAKING $13 BECAUSE NOBODY NEEDS TO MAKE THAT MUCH, AND THEN COMPLAIN THAT THEIR EMPLOYER WANTS THEM TO PAY MORE OF THEIR ALREADY FREE HEALTH CARE, I LIVE IN BUFFALO NY, HOME TO AMERICAN AXLE - BUFFALO, CHEEKTOWAGA AND TONAWANDA, DELPHI/HARRISON RADIATOR IN LOCKPORT, AND GM POWERTRAIN THAT MAKES THE NEW I4 AND EVEN THE I-5 THAT IS IN THE H3.