PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New phone

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 05:08 PM

Yeah, we have folks over here like that. They have an idea that they like, and they naturally think everybody will like their idea.

Personally, I do not want my machines thinking for me. If I want the doors locked, then I will lock them. If I want to wear a seatbelt, then I will put one on. If I want to set up some sort of reminder, then I will set one up.

BTW, how's the political climate over there in Dubai? Are you safe?

Old 04-17-2011, 12:24 PM

ATV, get rid of that app killer. Android phones are not like iPhones. They don't need them. Android is a Linux like system. An app that is not being used does not use any resources. They do not use your battery or your memory. All app killers are good for is slowing your phone down. When I first got this jewel of information I was amazed at how much faster my phone ran without the app killer. Since the Verizon guy installed it when I first got the phone I had never seen it without it. All of the animations on the phone were much smoother and faster. If you don't want to take my word for it, I don't blame you. Go over to the Android section of Howard Forums and do some reading. It won't take you long to remove that app killer. Howard Forums are the best source of cell phone info on the net. You can learn anything you want there...

Android

Old 04-19-2011, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Songman
ATV, get rid of that app killer. Android phones are not like iPhones. They don't need them. Android is a Linux like system. An app that is not being used does not use any resources. They do not use your battery or your memory. All app killers are good for is slowing your phone down. When I first got this jewel of information I was amazed at how much faster my phone ran without the app killer. Since the Verizon guy installed it when I first got the phone I had never seen it without it. All of the animations on the phone were much smoother and faster. If you don't want to take my word for it, I don't blame you. Go over to the Android section of Howard Forums and do some reading. It won't take you long to remove that app killer. Howard Forums are the best source of cell phone info on the net. You can learn anything you want there...

Android
Hmmm, that's interesting. If I don't use the app killer, is there a way to shut off the e-mail until I want to use it?