PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

New phone

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 04:40 PM
Default New phone

I've had a cell phone since they were the size of a brick. I bought a Razr when they first came out and have had one ever since.

When I couldn't get new ones, I had the old one rebuilt, 3 times. The Razr did everything that I needed at the time. I could make and receive calls, do a few texts, and take the occasional picture.

So, lately my kids and friends (yes, I do have a few friends) have been telling me that I need a smart phone so I can get my e-mails while traveling.

I went to the cell phone store, and proudly bought an Android Samsung. That has to be the most exasperating thing I have ever tried to use!!! I know it hates me.

Thanks to friends and kids, I can now make calls, answer calls, text, and take a picture. Next week I will have the internet and my office e-mail put on. I may have to hire a personal tutor to travel with me to help me with the damn thing, tho.

In 3 more weeks my 30 day trial will be over, and I can give it back if I still don't like it. I don't suppose they will take it back with bullet holes in it.

Any advice?

Old 03-27-2011, 04:53 PM
Banned

yeah,love my beat up razr.

i got a friend who'se teaching his young son to shoot, always need targets

Old 03-27-2011, 05:23 PM

Android phones are amazing! I've had my Droid for close to a year now. I do everything on it. From getting e-mails to tracking my mileage and car maintenance and costs. You can get some decent tracking programs for when you go off-road. I tried out Geocaching after I got my Droid. Pretty cool little hobby. There are programs that will tell you direction, altitude, speed, even lateral Gs if you want it. Not a lot of call for that in a Hummer unless you are flipping it down the side of a hill. I even play a few games and I used to always laugh at people for doing that. Try out Angry Birds. It's actually kind of addictive. If you need any help or advice, shoot me a PM. I can probably help you find any apps you want too.

Old 03-28-2011, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Songman
Android phones are amazing! I've had my Droid for close to a year now. I do everything on it. From getting e-mails to tracking my mileage and car maintenance and costs. You can get some decent tracking programs for when you go off-road. I tried out Geocaching after I got my Droid. Pretty cool little hobby. There are programs that will tell you direction, altitude, speed, even lateral Gs if you want it. Not a lot of call for that in a Hummer unless you are flipping it down the side of a hill. I even play a few games and I used to always laugh at people for doing that. Try out Angry Birds. It's actually kind of addictive. If you need any help or advice, shoot me a PM. I can probably help you find any apps you want too.
Thanks, I think I'm going to need all the help I can get.

I think I set up my e-mail account today, and I'm getting at least some of my e-mails. I gues I'll find out tonite and tomorrow when my computer is shut down while I'm on the road.

My wife has angry birds on her IPAD. She can ignore me for hours playing it. I love it.

I guess the apps will have to come. There's just too much neat stuff out there to ignore.

Old 03-29-2011, 08:17 PM

Well, I get some e-mails, and I don't get some.

I gues that's better than watching dancing with the Stars.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:49 PM

Android phones they are really good and one with all sort of features. reset the web browser and check.

Old 04-03-2011, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by kelvin09
Android phones they are really good and one with all sort of features. reset the web browser and check.
Yep, that helped. good advice, Thanks. I put an app killer on and shut down a bunch of things that I didn't need. Battery life is way up, now.

I think this phone is beginning to like me, just a little bit. I just might keep it.

Old 04-06-2011, 01:47 PM

If you have 2.2 (Froyo) they have released a patch on it so you won't need the task killer anymore it will auto kill apps on its own.

I have just gotten the Thunderbolt and Im working up on some reviews for it.

You may also get addicted to fruit ninja lol

If you have any questions I can help you out as well, Im assuming you have the Verizon Samsung Fascinate?

I can also get free android apps from a few of my sponsors so if there are any you are looking for or if you need any ideas for apps feel free to shoot me a pm.

Old 04-06-2011, 04:41 PM

I think it's a Galaxy or Mesmerize, from US Cellular. USC doesn't get the newest stuff like the big companies do. But USCel has the best reception in the areas that I frequent.

I got the app killer, and now the battery lasts about 3 days. I don't need to get e-mails all the time because they can come in on my office computer and my laptop at home. It's nice to get them when I'm on the road on the phone.

Little by little this thing is starting to like me.

Old 04-10-2011, 03:44 PM

I just got a new RAZR this xmas - the Mrs was moaning about the state of the old one. Its not as nice as the old one - external screen is far to thin - broken 2 of them already - the old one was bullet proof.

My brother bought samsung android phone for his wife here in Dubai few months back. Every morning the ****ing thing went off at sunrise with the call to prayer (it knows the exact time of sunrise from the GPS). He calls support and the guy says "yes its crazy, but someone in the distribution company in Dubai decided to burn this into the ROM - you can't remove it. Just take it back to where you bought it and ask for your money back".

The support guy said he was a muslim, but even he didn't want that thing going off every morning at sunrise. He said he didn't have a clue what the higher ups were thinking.

Quick Reply: New phone