PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Interesting theft

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 04:22 PM
Default Interesting theft

I just wanted to post an interesting theft that occurred a couple months ago.
After watching a movie one night, I hop in my H2 and start her up. I hear a very scary rattle so I instantly shut if off. I inspect my oil level and all other essential goodies and find everything ok. So I restart the rig and there it is again, rattle rattle rattle. I look around and find that my center, underbody protector is rattling. Why is it rattling? Because there are no front bolts holding it in, my entire from skid plate was stolen. While I was in the theater, someone decided to borrow my front skid plate, how sad is that. I just wanted to mention this since it apparently is not an easy part to find, nor is it cheap. I was lucky and FINALLY found one on ebay for $200. I just got it yesterday and mounted it. I hate buying things that replace, I feel like it's wasted money.

Ladies and gentlemen, lock up your skid plates!?

Old 03-07-2012, 04:50 PM

in general, people suck. sorry to hear some douche bag hosed you like that but i'm a firm believer in karma. someday he'll gets his and hopefully he'll make a mess of himself zipping up at the public pool after someone stole his underwear!

Old 03-08-2012, 03:08 PM

You need to build a better mouse trap----you shoulda replaced it with a Rubber Duck.
If some jackwagon tries to steal that, they'll drop it on their head without being able to get away; I had to mail one of the Rubberducks and the damn thing weighed in about 60 pounds.

Old 03-08-2012, 10:13 PM

I figured since I got a "new" one I'd do some buffing. I buffed out the h2, it only shows the 2 buffed in the picture because my phone battery died since I was playing music while I buffed. With only a 3" lift you really can't see it that well after I put it on the truck. You know I have to make it pretty so I can attract someone to steal it again. Basically bait so I have a reason to use the Glock.

Attached Thumbnails Interesting theft-img_3406.jpg  
Old 03-10-2012, 07:42 PM

I had a customer come into the shop a while ago with a new tundra.
It was making a godawful noise and I asked him about it. He came out from his apt. in the morning, jumped in his brand new truck only to find that someone stole his catalytic converter. How ****ed is that? I'm all for electrifying your car, if some jackass wants to lay his hands on it then it's his problem.

Old 03-10-2012, 08:27 PM

what would have happened in the old west if someone caught you messing with their horse?

Old 03-11-2012, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by H2CANEPADESIGN
I had a customer come into the shop a while ago with a new tundra.
It was making a godawful noise and I asked him about it. He came out from his apt. in the morning, jumped in his brand new truck only to find that someone stole his catalytic converter. How ****ed is that? I'm all for electrifying your car, if some jackass wants to lay his hands on it then it's his problem.
OH DEFINITELY! This is a huge one, not so much any more but a couple years ago they were popping them off lifted trucks left and right. There are less precious metals in them now so the interest is almost gone, but letting people know that a metal box under an easy to get under lifted truck is full of precious metals like platinum and palladium, REALLY sparked a lot of thefts.

Originally Posted by zderekv
what would have happened in the old west if someone caught you messing with their horse?
Yeah...would love to just pop off a couple at a thief. Since I have an extremely tight cluster at the range, there would be far less thieves.

Old 03-12-2012, 02:59 PM

unreal!!!!!!

Old 03-15-2012, 03:22 PM

My H2 is white. I took the skid plate to a buddy of mine who powdercoats so he did the skidplate white and the H2 Black. I never new you could powder coat that slick. Man does it ever stand out. I suprised I do not see more of them because of how good it looks.

Old 04-04-2012, 01:36 PM

Real sad! Same with those $#%# that steal airbags, more damage done than the actual cost.