PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hummer Forums Rules / FNG questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 02:13 AM
Default Hummer Forums Rules / FNG questions

I was perusing the rules earlier and came across a couple of things that I found curious.

Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count ("post whoring") is frowned upon.
If you do engage in this type of activity, we can prevent your post count from increasing from that point
forward or possibly ban your account.

What purpose does "post whoring" serve ?

Double posting is not allowed and can result in the deletion of one or both posts. Double posting is
defined as posting the same information in two or more separate forums.

Is this referring to multiple Forums on this site only...... or Forums on other sites as well?

Old 01-27-2007, 02:34 AM
Default RE: Hummer Forums Rules / FNG questions

Lets see if I can help..

#1- Lets say you are in a forum and every time someone posts you put a smiley face right after their post. that smiley face is considered a post on your post counter thus increasing you post count sugnificantly to those who posted normaly.

#2 Every Topic is a seperate forum therefor multipal post of the sameissue in mulipal forums can't be done and is only for Hummerforums. You can post the same issue in other clubs.

This is what I inturpated this as...

Old 01-27-2007, 02:49 AM

Thanks.

I should have said, why is artificially inflating the number of one's posts (***** posting) desireable?

Is there a prize or penaltyfor the one with the most/least posts?

(autographed pics of IK and Dennis or something or worse yet...one of DGT's "thundering herd" pics)

The significance of post counts is lost on me I guess......You post sh^t when ya got something to say, You don't when you aint.......

So I thought......

I can see double posting in multiple Forums (H1, H2, Classifieds, etc) on the same site as being undesireable. Redundant = Wasted rescources.

However, I couldnt see what difference it would make for me to post the same stupid question on ten different sites........If I so chose....

Old 01-27-2007, 02:57 AM

Sorry I do not know the prize or the use of the couter system I am sure Dennis or someone else that does know will help. Maybe if you get up to 1000 post you became a mediator and 4000 an administrator I don't know...

You can post the same question on different sites all you want if you chose to do so.

Old 01-27-2007, 03:10 AM

Ahhhhhh..........There is a prize so to speak.....................

I now see why the rule was warranted..........I'm not good at seeing the "angles" sometimes.

WFM ! ! ! !

It also explains some of the strange entries I see on other sites............

Being new to the "forum experience", that sh^t would have never occurred to me................

Old 01-27-2007, 05:44 AM

Old 01-27-2007, 05:44 AM

Old 01-27-2007, 05:45 AM

I want to be an ADMINISTRATOR

Old 01-27-2007, 01:13 PM

ORIGINAL: HummBob

I want to be an ADMINISTRATOR
No you don't...Administrator position are for those who have way too much time on their hands constanly monitoring the form making sure everyone posts in the correct forum. Policing to make sure nobody is offended. Just ask Dennis he will tell you...

Old 01-27-2007, 03:25 PM

No they mean nothing at all.
People like myself been here more then a year and a half they add up ya i post some stupid pic they get people going but it is off topic that what that is for.
When someone needs and asks a question we the Moderators and people on the forum try to respond as fast as possible. THEY SHOULD DO AWAY WITH THE POST COUNTS.

Which one are you talking about or bother you.

Quick Reply: Hummer Forums Rules / FNG questions