Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   How to replace cabin air filter (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/how-replace-cabin-air-filter-17461/)

atashashane 11-18-2009 06:59 PM

How to replace cabin air filter

Hi Guys, I just find out this video on how to replace cabin air filter. Its relatively simple repair that can be done in a few minutes. I just don't know if that will work for hummer? Any suggestions? Thanks.

calif phil 11-19-2009 10:20 AM

If your Hummer has one it's inside the H2 on the lower portion of the right side dash. The filter sits verticle.

D VADER 11-23-2009 04:10 AM

The H3 doesn't have a cabin filter. :(

2wheelmonster 11-24-2009 04:17 PM

The only filter that the cabin might have is probalby in the fire wall where the blower motor gets air from

zombiember 12-02-2009 12:17 AM

Replacing your car's air cabin filter is a relatively simple:
1. Remove the main access cover, undo the cover fasteners to remove cover and side cover if needed.
2. Locate and undo retainer clip to remove air cabin filter, compare the filter size to the replacement filter and reassemble.

D VADER 12-02-2009 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by zombiember (Post 213085)
Replacing your car's air cabin filter is a relatively simple:
1. Remove the main access cover, undo the cover fasteners to remove cover and side cover if needed.
2. Locate and undo retainer clip to remove air cabin filter, compare the filter size to the replacement filter and reassemble.

You must be referring to the H2 as the H3 has no cabin filter.

jurelut 12-17-2009 07:28 PM

I am a non-smoker. The filters were pretty clean at 30K miles. You could hold them up to the light and see quite well through them. In fact I've set them aside for possible re-use.

The climate in New England is not very dusty and there are few gravel roads. I was not having any problems with feeling the AC, either. The reason for erring on the side of preventive maintenance was concern over getting my allergies riled up.

A friend who has a Subaru shared a similar story about his cabin air filter.

KineIntiz 02-13-2010 02:38 AM

Thanks to acai berry juice, after 41 years, I'm no longer a smoker!

D VADER 02-13-2010 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by KineIntiz (Post 217420)
Thanks to acai berry juice, after 41 years, I'm no longer a smoker!

But you still SUCK!!

Krod1181 05-29-2018 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by jurelut (Post 213892)
I am a non-smoker. The filters were pretty clean at 30K miles. You could hold them up to the light and see quite well through them. In fact I've set them aside for possible re-use.

The climate in New England is not very dusty and there are few gravel roads. I was not having any problems with feeling the AC, either. The reason for erring on the side of preventive maintenance was concern over getting my allergies riled up.

A friend who has a Subaru shared a similar story about his cabin air filter.

Hahahaha, wherr in new England do you live? I assure you, there are more dirt roads in new england than there are paved suburban area. You should take your truck on some adventures as it was built to do, leave your suburb in CT or Andover and drive a couple hours west or North and i assure you... YOU WILL find dust and dirt. My H2 gets dirrty. #useyourtruck