PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

New 05 H2 owner in Or.

Old 08-26-2017, 05:42 PM
Default New 05 H2 owner in Or.

Hey there!
Just bought my first H2, 05. I love it but being an older rig, some things aren't working or cracked.
I'm in the market for a beige drivers side panel as well
As sockets for the roof running lights.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks !

Old 08-26-2017, 10:34 PM

Welcome, I am in Oregon also, been in Turner for a few years. Inside door panels are big money on these rigs, anywhere from $500-1000 on eBay. Search the forums here, everyone has been so helpful after I bought mine in March and I had a ton of questions. I fixed most of the issues myself between here and you tube. First thing I would do if i was you is seal up all your lights on the roof and if you have a sunroof make sure the drain tubes are nor plugged...

Old 08-27-2017, 12:15 AM

Yeah totally! Before I took the plunge I did so much research and the factory seals on the lights seem to be a big issue. I think I'm going to have to just live with the crack in the door panel. But I think I can find the roof running like sockets that are corroded.
Thanks for replying !! I'm also in search of the back sound system

Old 08-27-2017, 10:58 AM

I believe I saw beige door panels on ebay last week, search for them, they should still be there. I can't remember the price. Maybe $850 but that's just a guess. Good luck with the search, interior parts are becoming almost impossible to find anymore.

Old 08-27-2017, 12:45 PM

No way will I pay $500+ for a door panel. Mine are not in great shape either. Driver's side front is great (go figure), passenger side front is ok. Between kids and dogs the rear door panels are pretty beat up. If/when they are too bad for me to live with and I decide I have to fix them I'll probably do one of 3 things. Try to fix the doors myself - fillers, epoxy, bondo, expanding foam, paint - some combination of those plus some time and elbow grease could be ok. Try to make custom panels - add mdf, fiberglass and vinyl to the mix, completely replacing sections as needed. With a little practice I think this could work out ok. The third option would be to just take it to an auto upholstery shop and have them replace/customize the door panels. Instead of paying $500+ for replacement plastic panels I'd much rather pay $500+ for much nicer custom mdf/fiberglass/padded vinyl door panels. I did this with one of my cars as part of a custom stereo install and the new custom door panels turned out waaaay nicer than the original stock door panels.

Old 08-27-2017, 01:03 PM

Thx guys!! It would be worth 300. To me but not more than that. I can see they go for far more than that. Luckily they aren't bad, just a small crack.

Old 08-28-2017, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by skeptic
No way will I pay $500+ for a door panel. Mine are not in great shape either. Driver's side front is great (go figure), passenger side front is ok. Between kids and dogs the rear door panels are pretty beat up. If/when they are too bad for me to live with and I decide I have to fix them I'll probably do one of 3 things. Try to fix the doors myself - fillers, epoxy, bondo, expanding foam, paint - some combination of those plus some time and elbow grease could be ok. Try to make custom panels - add mdf, fiberglass and vinyl to the mix, completely replacing sections as needed. With a little practice I think this could work out ok. The third option would be to just take it to an auto upholstery shop and have them replace/customize the door panels. Instead of paying $500+ for replacement plastic panels I'd much rather pay $500+ for much nicer custom mdf/fiberglass/padded vinyl door panels. I did this with one of my cars as part of a custom stereo install and the new custom door panels turned out waaaay nicer than the original stock door panels.

I would tend to agree. The prices are ridiculous and would probably be better spent towards better built panels. Keeping it close to a stock look but more rigid and less squeaking/creaking would be awesome!

Originally Posted by Becca005
Thx guys!! It would be worth 300. To me but not more than that. I can see they go for far more than that. Luckily they aren't bad, just a small crack.

Extremely unlikely you will ever find door panels for $300. Those days are long gone. The ones in that price range are so destroyed they're not worth anyone's time of day.