PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Does Anyone Have DIRECTV???

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 03:18 AM
Default Does Anyone Have DIRECTV???

Just curious as now that I have my NEW TV......I'm IN LOVE with the HD channels.

According to DIRECTV, they just launched like 27 new HD channels, but I don't get them.
I get the older HD channels that have been around for a while??

I'm thinking it's because I only have the 3 LNB dish?? I think I need the 5 LNB one?

Just checking if anyone knows fo sho!!!![8D]

Old 10-06-2007, 08:34 AM
Default RE: Does Anyone Have DIRECTV???

I've got Directv with HD, I'll check, I've been out of town this week and haven't had a chance to run through the channel guide.

Yes, they have promised many more channels this year and I'm hoping they make good on it. Man those 1080 HD broadcasts are amazing!

Old 10-06-2007, 01:12 PM

ORIGINAL: HummBob

Just curious as now that I have my NEW TV......I'm IN LOVE with the HD channels.

According to DIRECTV, they just launched like 27 new HD channels, but I don't get them.

I'm thinking it's because I only have the 3 LNB dish?? I think I need the 5 LNB one?

Hey Bob,
Yeah you need that brand new5 LNB dish.....AND you need the lastest generation HD receiver. The earlier generation HD, and HD Tivo units will NOT allow access to the new channels. They will upgrade your older HD, or HD Tivo units for free...but that's in the US only.

Youneed to move to the US to get it for free, so move here to the US

Old 10-06-2007, 02:20 PM

ORIGINAL: BassGear

Hey Bob,
Yeah you need that brand new5 LNB dish.....AND you need the lastest generation HD receiver. The earlier generation HD, and HD Tivo units will NOT allow access to the new channels. They will upgrade your older HD, or HD Tivo units for free...but that's in the US only.

Yeah, I JUST bought the Slimline 5 LNB on eBay. So HOPEFULLY that'll do the trick!!

I have the HR20! I hope that'll do??!! It's AWESOME, just wish the hard drive was BIGGER!!!

Old 10-06-2007, 02:21 PM

ORIGINAL: HUMMER DRIVER

I've got Directv with HD, I'll check, I've been out of town this week and haven't had a chance to run through the channel guide.

Yes, they have promised many more channels this year and I'm hoping they make good on it. Man those 1080 HD broadcasts are amazing!

NO ****!!!! They are SWEET!!!!

Old 10-06-2007, 03:54 PM

Hey Bob,

Yeah, I JUST bought the Slimline 5 LNB on eBay. So HOPEFULLY that'll do the trick!!

I have the HR20! I hope that'll do??!! It's AWESOME, just wish the hard drive was BIGGER!!!
Yes, HR20 will receive ALL the HD programming.

Back in the day, hackers use to install bigger hard drives into their Tivo units to get massive storage. [sm=shades.gif]

Old 10-06-2007, 04:12 PM

Hey Bob,

Yes, HR20 will receive ALL the HD programming.

Back in the day, hackers use to install bigger hard drives into their Tivo units to get massive storage. [sm=shades.gif]
Wish I WAS A HACKER!!!

Old 10-06-2007, 08:18 PM

I just got direct tv a few months ago and I get all the new hd channels....from what the installer told me, you need the little in line box thingy to get the new channels. It looks like a phone line filter except it hooks in line to your coax cable.

Old 10-06-2007, 10:23 PM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

I just got direct tv a few months ago and I get all the new hd channels....from what the installer told me, you need the little in line box thingy to get the new channels. It looks like a phone line filter except it hooks in line to your coax cable.
Hey impy, if you mean the B-Band Converter.....I got 'em!!!!

Old 10-07-2007, 06:24 PM

are the hd channels that much better,they want an extra 20 bucks a month for the hd channels here

Quick Reply: Does Anyone Have DIRECTV???